Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had two weeks off work and could go fishing anywhere in Michigan where would it be?

The reason I'm asking:
I bought a new boat (16.5' Alumacraft.) and I have the next two weeks off… My son and I are planning a trip to the U.P. to try our luck fishing. We would like to fish for Walleye but I just want to get him into some fish. So if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it…it doesn't have to be walleye… and it doesn't have to be in the U.P.

Thanks
Shawn

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
This time of year LAKE SAINT CLAIR

End of Sept. Beginning of Oct. Port Sanilac Harbor

h2o-- says hard to beat clair this time of year

·
Registered
10,622 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
In the upper it would have to be south manistiq lake (sorry about the spelling)in curtis.Good for walleye late june early july in the northern lower it would have to Fletchers pond . In the southern lower it has to st clair of course .

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Well I am heading to interlochen. My son is 11 and he has loved going to interlochen for years now. Good fishing and a ton of lakes to choose from. The Interlochen state park is located in between Duck and Green lake. A few miles up the road is Long Lake another awsome fishery.

I alos like Skegemog and Torch lake ........ nothing like them in the world. However over the holiday weekend they will be busy.

As for the U.P. I agree South Manistque lake in Curtis is a solid fishery shortly down the road is Michigame another good lake. I also like Indian Lake up there.

Little Bay De Noc is one of the best fisheries in Michigan in my opinion. Great Walleye and small mouth bass fishing.

If it was me and I had two weeks I may choose to hit several different lakes. Like Manistque lakes, and Little Bay De Noc and a couple small one on the way. Or Duck, Green, Long and Skegemog near TC Michigan.

·
Registered
241 Posts
For myself I would spend my time on St. Clair and if I was going to the U.P. without a doubt it would be any of the Manistique lakes (prefer Round Lake myself which is the North Manistique). Cottages are very reasonable up there and the fishing can be terrific for either smallies or walleye.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I`ve been taking my family to Curtis on S. Manistique Lake for 8 years now and we love it. The lake has a good population of wallys, perch, pike, small heads and largeheads and even some musky although I`ve never caught one. We stay at the North Shore Resort right in Curtis. The resorts fill early so you might have to do some calling around. Try E-Mailing Len, who owns South Lake Cabins resort in curtis. His e-mail address is [email protected] Maybe he could help ya out. Tell him Czar sent you. http://www.curtismi.com/ Click on that site for lots of info. Good luck and let us know how ya do.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My favorite in the lower P is Tippy Dam Pond in Wellston. It's the flooded confluence of the Manistee and Pine rivers behind Tippy Dam. Great camp ground/boat rental facility there called Camp Mana-Pine. Also a launch very close to there. All the land is owned by the power company, so it's very much a rustic fishing experience -- with no building on the pond. Just need to be very careful of stumps.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Burt/Mullet,......the 1st week of June!!...That was nothing short of amazing!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would say it has to be the Sylvania Wilderness Area in the UP. Awesome scenery & huge smallies. It's awesome to be the only one fishing on a lake that you can see the bottom @ 25+ ft. deep while bald eagles are flying overhead.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
small-a-holic: Welcome to the LSCN. Thanks for sharing that. It doesn't get any better than what you said.

h2o<---says keep on posting

1 - 14 of 14 Posts