Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to go with a friend who is also an ex-fiance (ex by about 10 years), what would you say?

would you ever do this to your significant other?

is this about not understanding (from the view of the significant other who is NOT going) or about not respecting the relationship?

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
NO ON BOTH ACCOUNTS.
it's about the respect you have for your other half. no. no i would not.
a good guy friend, yes. one i could trust, yes. or on HIS part, a good gal pal, yes. no problem. no probs for vacations on either part.
i have more guy pals than gals, tho. i'm a guy kinda chick. always have been, always will be. period.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Absolutely not!!! No way, no how, no chance!!! Totally unacceptable!!!!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I have one question............WHY????

Why is this person going on a trip w/o you????

Why are they going w/ an ex girl/boyfriend for god's sake??

Why the heck would something like this ever come up??
<_<

I would nevvvvvvvvver do that, just sounds weird....

·
Registered
338 Posts
Is he going without you cause you can't go? Or would he prefer to go with this other girl primarily? Would it have been the three of you if you could have went? Does he love you (do you know)? If he cares for you and knows you aren't happy about his plans to go with her, he has a major dilemma. Is he showing any concern about your feelings...to the point of not going even??? Follow your heart (and we know that aint always easy). It sounds like a fork in the road with this relationship...which way will it lead; and will it come full circle? You got to know I'm going to pray for your peace with this one, Julie.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Hmm..... short vacation with ex fiancee, I would tell him to make it long one and explain as his ex-girlfriend what he does in his free time is none of your business.

It may sound harsh, but I think it going on a vacation with an ex is just not a good idea. IF he was really close with her and there was a group (and you were included, it would be different). And for the record it has NOTHING to do with the fear of him cheating or anything like that, I think it is more of a respect issue - for the current realtionship and for you.

That is my .02.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Oh hell no........On both accounts......Trust is fine ....But come on now..... Why can`t he go on vacation with you ??? That`s like giving a kid the keys to the candy shop and trusting they won`t sample the sweets....

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
emily!! girlie!! missyou!
and still... THE ANSWER IS NO!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
ID SAY SURE GO AHEAD, HERE LET ME PACK YOUR CLOTHES FOR YOU. ALL OF THEM.. WHAT YOU CANT FIT IN THE CAR WILL BE ON THE FRONT PORCH, DONT BOTHER TRYING TO GET IN CAUSE THE LOCKS WILL BE CHANGED.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
to add a little more to the first post...

yes, i could have gone. however, i didn't have enough vacation time. regardless, the plans were made without me ASSUMING i'd be ok with the vacation.

duh!!!!!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
They made plans with out knowing u could go? and didnt ask or tell you.? hmm

·
Registered
75 Posts
heck no!
sounds like the answer to pauligans post" where do you want to have sex before you die?"
with your ex on vacation... cause your gal or guy is going to kill ya when ya get back!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
OMG No way! It is understandable that your sig. other may go on a vacation without you- sometimes schedules do not mesh- but to go with another girl.. absolutely NOT! Hopefully he asked you to go with him in the first place.. and if you were unable to go and he still wanted to, he should be going with his buddies, Not another female. I know, I know, it should be a trust thing (isin' t that what they always say?)... by why put something so tempting in front of them??

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Why is my significant other even talking to an ex-finance or girlfriend???? Not acceptable. The casual run into while out somewhere is acceptable, but being that close to be talking on the phone and then going on vacation?? Oh no!! I would tell him to go on the vacation and take that time to get over me, cuz were OVER!!!
Then I would say "NEXT"

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
hard question no good answer. trust what you feel. beck is going on a cruise this weekend with three other girlfriends from school. i had no problem with that.

·
Registered
338 Posts
QUOTE(delsolcruz @ Mar 2 2004, 11:45 PM)to add a little more to the first post...

yes, i could have gone. however, i didn't have enough vacation time. regardless, the plans were made without me ASSUMING i'd be ok with the vacation.

duh!!!!!
So really, you couldn't go at this time due to not enough vacation time. Now the point is he made plans with her; and if you are ok with it fine...if not fine also. He put himself first, bottom line. That's a negative trait in a relationship. In weighing the good (positives) with the bad (negatives), do his goods far outweigh his bads? If the scales are only even, I myself wouldn't stay involved for long. It's your call. Rest assured, given the chance when he returns he'll be head-over-heels to get back on your good side. GIVEN THE CHANCE?*!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Is this the same moron that bought you a $20 ring ? Now my answer to the other question has changed.

You deserve more respect than that! I've gone out to dinner with ex's , went to movies and yes even stay in touch with some of them. Dosn't mean that I want to go on vacation with them. I have to much respect for the person I chose to make a commitment to. Don't let him string you along. Looking at the menu is a good and healthy thing... Ordering off it could get you hurt!(mentally and physicaly)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts