Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone here who'd be content if your boat conked out, and you ended up bouncing against a rocky shoreline?
(ignoring the fact that you'd have to be a total tool to allow that situation in the first place!)

Of course not!!!

Well...

As we were pulling in to anchor near a local island, I noticed a boat that looked awfully damn close to the island. They looked relaxed and didn't indicate they had any trouble, so I figured "whatever."

Soon later, as a Tow boat was cruising by, I noticed they were trying to flag down the tow boat. The tow boat didn't see them, so I waved, got their attention, and pointed to the 23' Bayliner cuddy. Shortly after, the tow boat left, and told us on the way by they'd have to leave them for a couple of hours.

Now I'm thinking how I'd feel sitting on rocks, so I threw my fins on, and swam over there. Probably 500', across the river current.

Long and short of it, the dude didn't seem to know a damn thing! Not even enough to know he shouldn't be there. I managed to get him off the shore by swimming his anchor and chain out a few feet (that was tough!), and pushed him off shore (despite a strong wind!). The whole time, he didn't seem to have a clue.

Oh well, if what comes around goes around, I should have at least a little positive karma in reserve!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
What do you expect out of a Bayliner owner? ............................................ OH SH!T, I am one!!!

Like you said though, you got a little luck coming your way!

Some people just can't be helped......

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

I honestly wasn't lookin' to boast or anything. It just stunned me how absolutely clueless this guy was!

Me, while in the water: Did you try tilting your outdrive? It's digging into the rocks big time.

Clueless: No, should I?

Me: Yes!

Clueless: It runs, but it won't shift.

Me: Did you look at the shift linkage?

Clueless: What's shift linkage?

Me: Can you see behind the motor?

Clueless: I haven't looked at the engine.

Me: (eyes rolling, kept thoughts to myself)

This was a strong, tanned, tattooed, young guy too. WTH, helplessness is apparently satisfactory for him!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts