Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Rudder about to fall off.

Two hands needed to turn the helm and two hands needed to use the throttle.

Water leaking in to the engine room from the exhaust manifold over the electrics.

Major Electrolysis problems

No lagging on water pipes (mold everywhere).

Bogus survey made by a "fly by night" surveyor, the owner tried to hide the original 80 page one that pretty much condemed the boat.

No autopilot.

Varnish peeling everwhere inc interior.

The last Mate got a mysterious illness and had to leave.

9 foot extension added, which gave the boat the agility of a battle tank with a track missing.

The new stern hatch was not watertight.

The boat was sold to him by one of his previous Captains, who also happened to be a broker (he made 80K).

I found maggots in several places.

The Owner wanted to go for a cruise tomorrow with handicapped children onboard for a charity event, was unperturbed by the fact we did not have enough life jackets.

At that point I decided to call it a day.

Not my cup of tea!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Ewwwwwww!!! Maggots - OMG gross!

Glad to have you back - now you can come party @ Wiz's house with us tonight Merlin.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jul 25 2003, 09:00 AM)
Ewwwwwww!!! Maggots - OMG gross!

Glad to have you back - now you can come party @ Wiz's house with us tonight Merlin.

Pray tell me more.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
But look at the PRIDE you could have had putting the yacht back in shape!

See you tonight at the Wiz's??

·
Registered
737 Posts
If the boss was willing to spend the money, I would have considered it (if I didn't get Legionaires disease in the meantime), but he was trying to save a buck every which way, the fact that he really thought we should go cruising with handicapped children onboard with the vessel in that condition finally did it for me.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Aww c'mon, you could have duct taped the leaking exhaust manifold and she would would have been good as new. And meal during the ride. I heard maggots are a good source of protein.

·
Registered
419 Posts
QUOTE(JABBERJAWZ @ Jul 25 2003, 11:01 AM)Aww c'mon, you could have duct taped the leaking exhaust manifold and she would would have been good as new. And meal during the ride. I heard maggots are a good source of protein.
duct tape??? this sounds a little more like a JB Weld fix

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
So sorry to hear this.........Better things will come your way.

He was going to take children on a dilapidated boat like that? <_< Shame on him

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
That sucks Merlin....I'm sure you'll find a good boat soon.

Down in PIB I talked my way on to a 105ft boat that was owned by the owner of the Dallas Stars. His 24 year old son wanted the boat for X-mass in July so the crew of 5 brought it up from Fl for the party. They parked it right on C-dock. Boat was awsome and the captians pilot room was crazy with the amount of info going on in there. No doubt it was a real treat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts