Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a little behind in my daily fishing advice calendar lately thanks to fishing and moving our subsidiaries to a new building and computer worms (boy, was today fun) and was quickly reading them to catch up when I came across the following 'advice' for Saturday/Sunday August 9/10:

"A unique lure great for catching salmon, bass and pike is the Flying Condom. It produces a heavy throbbing action when fished properly."

HUH!?! Is this for real, or did some 'smart' calendar company writer sneak something by company censors to shock unsuspecting anglers? And why August 9/10?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Mr. Kimmel,

Like you asked me once...."Where do you get this stuff?"

How do you fish it? Do you put the condom over your tube? (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Regards,

Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, I always practice "safe catch and release". LOL

I'm trying to figure out if it was a typo, but what else could it be? Flying Condor? Never heard of that one.

I wonder if the ribbed ones have better action, for the female fish that is. he he hee

UFM82

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
C'mon guys! This is a family forum.

I was just wondering if someone had ever heard of such a lure before.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
It's real just type in your search engine: Flying condom fishing lure. There's information there.

h2o, wow what's next

·
Registered
927 Posts
danny boy,

we all know its a family forum, but when you post something with a name like "FLYING CONDOM" you know your going to have some remarks.

no blaim, no shame. i dont think, had i read this post in time, that i wouldnt have come back with the same comments.

but it is a funny concept. it could be the next big thing out on the pond. imgaine bringing in 20 lbs and trying to explain what you caught them on.

i will say this, that would be one sponsor i would be glad to have, i have said too much!

madman himself

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm? Team Flying Condom!?!

It just doesn't sound quite right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts