Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get home, open my bedroom door to let the dog out.
Only to find my dog squatting and peeing on my side of the bed (couldn't have been her side).
I started yelling at her which makes no sense because she is both deaf and blind. She finishes and sits down and howled and cried.
All cleaned up now. I think she actually felt bad..
Might sleep in my chair tonight.

· Premium Member
21,049 Posts
My Parents dog is deaf and I'm always talking to her like she can hear me when I'm over there, asking her if she wants to go outside or telling her to hush up when she's barking. I would have probably done the same thing Jason

Oh and I agree about the doggie diapers, you should invest in some so there will be no more sleeping in the car.

· Registered
15,051 Posts
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Jun 9 2009, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My Parents dog is deaf and I'm always talking to her like she can hear me when I'm over there, asking her if she wants to go outside or telling her to hush up when she's barking. I would have probably done the same thing Jason

Oh and I agree about the doggie diapers, you should invest in some so there will be no more sleeping in the car.
Use sign language with their dog.

· Registered
14,732 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Jun 9 2009, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Jun 9 2009, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My Parents dog is deaf and I'm always talking to her like she can hear me when I'm over there, asking her if she wants to go outside or telling her to hush up when she's barking. I would have probably done the same thing Jason

Use sign language with their dog.

We have a crazy, and by crazy I actually mean insane, white cat that is deaf. My wife read a book that says you can teach it to understand hand signs. She keeps trying. That cat is like a 2 year old. We had to put child locks on all the cabinets.

As far as your dog, be patient and understanding he probablly doesn't know what he did wrong. We had our dog for 18 years and towards the end he was deaf and we had to build a ramp for him to get outside.

He would mess in the house once in a while we just cleaned it up. It was the least we could do for him after 18 years of unconditional love and companionship.

Matt

· Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Jun 9 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>He probably left her home for 12 hours and she couldn't hold it anymore, it really is his own fault

Yeah, actually we can't leave her for more than a few hours now or we'll come home to a suprise.
Oh well, what are you doing to do? She's a good dog. Just takes a little more attention now.

· Premium Member
423 Posts
My dog Mike did the same thing to me. I was getting ready to go out for the night and I was walking into my room and I saw Mike on my bed not sitting or standing but looking really weird so I turned on my light and I saw he was peeing on all my blankets I was sooo Mad at him and I yelled and screamed so loud that I think it just scared more pee out of him lol. Thank god I got it cleaned up in time before his pee hit my mattress.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.