Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

I'm starting my own company!

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Shandog 
#1 ·
I find myself in an interesting, intriguing position. I am starting my own company, while still having the ability to hold my current position in my company. I am in the process of meeting with my attorney and tax guy, getting incorporated, and executing my strategy.
It is something I have been thinking about for a long time, and because I can do both to start, I won't have too much risk on my hands... I can give it a couple of years and see what happens... Any business owners out there have any advice?
Thanks!

#4 ·
I have entered an agreement with a product manufacturer, and I will be their sales and marketing arm. I will be selling their products to big box retailers (Home Depot/Lowe's/Walmart etc)
So basically, I will act as a manufacturer's representative starting with these products, and hopefully adding others over time...

#5 ·
awesome and congrats! that rocks!

#8 ·
That's correct Red Hot One, once orders are placed, they will be direct shipped from the manufacturer. They are merely paying me to break down some walls, and get their products on the shelf.
I am also working with a couple other companies who are looking for representation, but the negoitations take a long time.

#10 ·
QUOTE(waxonwaxoff @ Feb 18 2004, 04:23 PM)Also, I think it was Shandog who does web design or someone else... I think I need your services!
yes, it is Shandog.

Shannon by actual name does great work. Check her out @ http://www.sitedesigntech.com/

While your at it you can see some of her work @ http://www.dolphinmarineco.com/ (on the surveys page, there is a verticle line missing, that's my fault)

as far as advice, document and save EVERYTHING!!!

#11 ·
I'd love to talk to you about building a web site - that's the first set of advice I'd offer you and YES...I just so happen to be a professional web designer

I have a huge list of web sites I can send you so you can view my work. Some of my clients are the Detroit YWCA, Meadow Brook Hall Concours D'Elegance, The International Institute of Metropolitan Detroit, etc. etc.

email gino485@comcast.net or pm me for my phone #. With me being laid off currently right now is a GREAT time for me to take on a new project - and my prices can't be beat!!

Talk to you soon and I'm really excited for your new business venture! That's great!!

Shannon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.