Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the next week or two (or three) is gonna be heck for me. my mom's going in for some major surgery and since i'm the single kid in the family, i'm going to have to take her here and there during the day while pops and bro are at work. they'll take over after 3 or 5pm. i'll be working some odd hours trying to keep up with my work load and take care of her.

so if i don't see you at anything other than what i'm putting together for ya'll, please don't think i'm slighting ya'll. i enjoy everyone and i'd LOVE to be at tnt's right about now (especially since i'm cross-eyed from work and would rather be cross-eyed from bud lights)(lol).

just send me a midnight 'social' via email or phone or text message and i'll be happy!
you'll get one right back!

thinking of you,
ck

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Hope you mom does ok C.K. dont worry someone will call you at 3 am and yell social.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wahooooooooooo!!! im a little late on the 11:16, but yeah! that's the ticket! thanks! i feel much better! i'll post more about the dealio with moms later. her surgery is next week, but i'll be carting her to different dr's the rest of this week... oye vey! but i love my moms!

i think it's time to pour a jack!

speaking of which.. where's aju been?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Hang in there CK!!! Your mom is blessed to have someone like you!!! Just take things day by day.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
am doing and will try!

cracked a capt/diet coke... finally!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I hope all goes well with your mom.
Obviously family ALWAYS comes first.
I just hope you don't have to miss the Mardi Gras party at Jack's next Tuesday

I was looking forward to meeting you finally.

Prayers for your mother..........+++

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heck no, spur! i'm VERY there!
it's my last commited dealio until friday. so yes, i will be there. (btw, you can load in during the day if you want
)

the surgery is aorta femoral bypass. it's with her heart and replacing veins and stuff in her legs for circulation problems. i took her to get her blood work done this morning and meet with the anestesialogist (sp?), and the nurse had to put MY head between my legs because i almost passed out watching her remove the needle from my mom's arm when blood squirted out! my mother laughed pretty loud at me for that... i'm sure that'll be brought up at the dinner table tonight. lol!

yeah, and i used to be a medical assistant and took phlebotomy... i guess the resistence to the gore wore off

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Feb 18 2004, 11:26 AM)the nurse had to put MY head between my legs because i almost passed out my mother laughed pretty loud at me for that... i'm sure that'll be brought up at the dinner table tonight. lol!

And how did that make you feel........

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stoopid... very stoopid.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Feb 18 2004, 11:26 AM)the nurse had to put MY head between my legs because i almost passed out
You're quite limber.

If I could do that, I'd never have to leave the house.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Feb 18 2004, 11:26 AM)heck no, spur! i'm VERY there!
it's my last commited dealio until friday. so yes, i will be there.
CALLING ALL PEEPS!!!!!!!!!
Report for duty

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
CK gore is one thing, but gore when a loved one is involved is quite another. Don't feel stooped.

A prayer has been sent for your mom's speedy recovery.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
I know how tough it is when someone close to you is ill.

You are in our thoughts & your Mom is in our prayers . . .
Let us know if you need backup for anything!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you got it! and thanks you guys!
i just can't beleive i was on the verge of passing out! lol!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
CK, I hope all goes well for your mother and a speedy recovery for her.

I'll have to figure out how to send you a pic/message via Sprint

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol... that would be funny as heck, three!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts