Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was on this board writting .
i had dinner cooking on the stove & didnt check on it till it was billowing plumes of smoke out of the pot.
amazingly the smoke detectors didnt go off.
thank god , then the whole neighborhood would know i burnt dinner again.
looks like i'm eatin out & washin walls.
$h!t happens
all over me

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
that stinks!! just think a few more minutes gone by and you could of gotten yourself a new kitchen!!! LOL Just kidding!

Seriously, I've done that before while posting on here. I burnt spanish cheesy rice and my house stunk like crap for days man <_<

·
12,052 Posts
Mine is usually Sunday morning breakfast. Sitting here with a cup of coffee and overcook breakfast.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well everythings OK now

but that smell is going to haunt me for the next few days.
look like i'm getting fish & chips for dinner tonite.

bon appitite everyone

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Be careful peeps!!

Looks like I have to add a new clause to our liability policy.

976. We are NOT responsible if you set your kitchen on fire while posting!!!

That goes right below We are NOT responsible if you cause a traffic accident while trying to catch a vehicle sporting a lakestclair.net decal!!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Jan 6 2004, 05:11 PM)Be careful peeps!!

Looks like I have to add a new clause to our liability policy.

976. We are NOT responsible if you set your kitchen on fire while posting!!!

That goes right below We are NOT responsible if you cause a traffic accident while trying to catch a vehicle sporting a lakestclair.net decal!!
Good to know.......I'll be more careful now

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Complete bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!

About 8 to 10 yrs. back I was renting an upstairs room in a bungalow from a buddy of mine. One night I wake up about 3:00 in the morning to an acrid smell and smoke everywhere.........I immediately run and open my bedroom door (something you're not supposed to do) more smoke comes billowing in. I run down stairs and spot my buddy, through the smoke, passed out on the couch. I start shaking him and cannot get him to budge, yelling his name and he just won't wake up. Meanwhile I'm looking around the room and down the hall to the back of the house and don't see any flames or anything, just smoke. All of sudden I hear this little "click, click"
sound........you know, the sound an oven makes when the burner turns back on to keep it at the set temperature. I wade in through the clouds of smoke and pull out several lumps of coal from the oven that look as though they may have once been a few pieces of chicken. Seems my buddy had gone to the bar, gotten sheot faced, put chicken in to cook when he got home then passed out and left it in there for hours and hours.
I opened up all the windows and doors (it was February mind you) and kept them that way for 30 minutes. Of course the freezing cold didn't wake him up either. He didn't know anything had happened until the next day around 10 am when he got up. Had to explain it to him..........he didn't remember putting chicken in the oven. Needless to say, he had a lot of wall and ceiling washing to do himself. The horrible smell didn't go away for a few weeks.

Just goes to show you, you're not alone!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
See? My wife should be grateful that I can't cook.

·
12,052 Posts
I did that on the boat at Metro one night. After drinking all day, I put some chicken in the oven. Fortunately I used microwave. Hours later around 3am I woke up and re-heated and ate the chicken.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Never leave cooking alone!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Don't you think you have a serious problem when you let the house catch on fire, just so you can read and post gossip?

Couldn't help myself
Just joking with ya

We are all guilty of doing something similar it seems <_<

Glad you are okay! That is what matters......

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
We have all done it at some pointe or another. That's why I avoid cooking as much as possible. I find it hazardes to my health in more ways than 1.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
QUOTE(sandman @ Jan 6 2004, 04:59 PM)i was on this board writting .
i had dinner cooking on the stove & didnt check on it till it was billowing plumes of smoke out of the pot.
amazingly the smoke detectors didnt go off.
thank god , then the whole neighborhood would know i burnt dinner again.
looks like i'm eatin out & washin walls.
$h!t happens
all over me
At least you're ok

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
You should either move your computer into the kitchen.....Or use your micro to cook.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
naw i cant use the nuker to cook with , everything come out like rubber.
i learned my lesson, cook then post post while eating!!lol
or call for pizza

1 - 17 of 17 Posts