Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the law in Canada? I know open alcohol is not allowed boating/fishing.

Anybody have an experience with this?

Non-Alcoholic Brew has less than 0.5% alcohol labeled on the bottle.

I want to fish Canadian waters. Don't want any surprises.

Your answers are appreciated. Thanks!

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Good question. I don't know the answer, but have to say that Canada really should loosen their belt on their BS laws about alcohol on boats. I just cannot believe how strong their laws are in regard to this. It's really a joke, and ridiculous.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
In the land where speeding by 30 mph is a $10,000 fine, personally, I wouldn't risk it.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 13 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good question. I don't know the answer, but have to say that Canada really should loosen their belt on their BS laws about alcohol on boats. I just cannot believe how strong their laws are in regard to this. It's really a joke, and ridiculous.

i agree, its odd some of the differences in attitudes and alchohol laws between michigan and canada, you can practically drive past the sherriff and give him a nod with a beer in your hand while driving your boat here in michigan (practically, i wouldn't try it), but do that in canada and you will be hauled off to jail

while in michigan they are trying to make it illegal to look at boobies within 3 feet of you while you enjoy a beer, but in canada you can practically smell the tuna in the bars with your beer.....

odd stuff.....

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Legal. De-alcoholized beer is sold (uncontrolled) in grocery stores in Ontario,. To be safe, make sure the percentage alcohol by volume (eg 0.5%) is printed on the can if MNR or OPP ask questions.

Scott.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Buoys will be Buoys @ Jul 13 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Legal. De-alcoholized beer is sold (uncontrolled) in grocery stores in Ontario,. To be safe, make sure the percentage alcohol by volume (eg 0.5%) is printed on the can if MNR or OPP ask questions.

Scott.
Just don't get caught bringing any weed-killer into Ontario.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts