Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
God, I love hot rod cars~This could seriously have me thinking of trading in my Hemi if they ever marketed this one:

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
Threecrabs - I like the way you think! You've got me drooling over here.
Gotta LOVE the old 'stangs.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(damn yankee @ Apr 28 2004, 05:50 PM)I think that it's time to trade in your hemi:

2005 Mustang
2005 Mustang GT....Looks different than the above, red GT......but the real cool looking one is the Mustang GT-R that I have posted in the other thread (yellow car).

EZC, I'm drooling over here, too.
The don't call 'em hot for nothing.

Samson, I was kinda picturing me in the black (first pic) concept Mustang myself....I think I'd look pretty good driving it! Just ask 3crabs
Or maybe the '70 Boss....what's a girl to drive?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Apr 28 2004, 06:07 PM)2005 Mustang GT....Looks different than the above, red GT......but the real cool looking one is the Mustang GT-R that I have posted in the other thread (yellow car).
The -R cars are striped down race versions and you must hold a certain class (i forget which) racing license just to purchase one.
I'm not sure if they are entirely street legal or not but what a blast it would be.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Looks good, but I still like the early versions.

Ever wonder why when some one brings back a car, it usually isn't even close to the earlier versions?

Look at the new Pontiac GTO. That is not a GTO! Don't get me wrong, it is a sweet ride, but it is not a GTO! Same with the Corvette, sweet ride, but just not the same. The Lemans came back for a couple of years as a wind up economy car. I had a buddy with a '69 Lemans that had a speedometer that went to 100 mph, and he buried it on I-94 once! The needle was all the way around and touching the 20 mph mark. Another friend of mine had a Grand Am with a 455 c.i. engine in it. Dodge Charger and Challenger, big cars that came from the factory with v-8's.
I would love to see some one actually bring back a muscle car from yester-year. They can put some of today's technologies into it, but keep that tough vintage look.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Top Gun @ Apr 29 2004, 07:16 AM)Look at the new Pontiac GTO. That is not a GTO! Don't get me wrong, it is a sweet ride, but it is not a GTO! Same with the Corvette, sweet ride, but just not the same. The Lemans came back for a couple of years as a wind up economy car.

I would love to see some one actually bring back a muscle car from yester-year. They can put some of today's technologies into it, but keep that tough vintage look.
I agree with you on the GTO and Lemans~Like I've said before, I had a '64 GTO and loved it. What they did was a disgrace.

Anyway...How is this for muscle??? It goes in the first car I have pictured. The 2003 Mustang concept car........It would be [email protected]$$ driving down the road in that on a Friday night

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(Top Gun @ Apr 29 2004, 07:16 AM)Looks good, but I still like the early versions.

Ever wonder why when some one brings back a car, it usually isn't even close to the earlier versions?

Look at the new Pontiac GTO. That is not a GTO! Don't get me wrong, it is a sweet ride, but it is not a GTO! Same with the Corvette, sweet ride, but just not the same. The Lemans came back for a couple of years as a wind up economy car. I had a buddy with a '69 Lemans that had a speedometer that went to 100 mph, and he buried it on I-94 once! The needle was all the way around and touching the 20 mph mark. Another friend of mine had a Grand Am with a 455 c.i. engine in it. Dodge Charger and Challenger, big cars that came from the factory with v-8's.
You'l have to wait to see the 2006 Dodge Charger...it's got the semi hemi and suicide doors

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(damn yankee @ May 1 2004, 10:29 PM)You'l have to wait to see the 2006 Dodge Charger...it's got the semi hemi and suicide doors

What are they putting the dodge hemi 6.1 in???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts