Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
I found these words, laminated, on my mother's kitchen table. I am sure they were placed there for a reason...and I know she would be happy to know that these words have provided me with some hope and inspiration over the past few days...just wanted to share it with all of you. It is also a reminder to live each day to its fullest....

TWO DAYS

There are two days in every week about which we should not worry, two days that should be kept from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is YESTERDAY, with its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. YESTERDAY has passed forever beyond our control. All the money in the world cannot bring back YESTERDAY. We cannot undo a single act we performed. We cannot erase a single word we said. YESTERDAY is gone beyond recall.

The other day about which we should not worry is TOMORROW, with its possible adversities, its burdens, its large promise and perhaps its poor performance. TOMORROW is also beyond our immediate control. TOMORROW'S sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds, but it will rise. Until it does, we have no stakes in TOMORROW, for it is as yet unborn.

This leaves only one day --- TODAY. Anyone can fight the battle of JUST ONE DAY. It is only when you and I add those two awful eternities, YESTERDAY AND TOMORROW, that we break down. It is not the experience of TODAY that drives us mad. It is the remorse or bitterness for something that happened YESTERDAY or the dread of what tomorrow may bring.

LET US THEREFORE DO OUR BEST TO LIVE BUT ONE DAY AT A TIME.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Thanks for sharing such touching words with us Saleena. I know that it has given me much to think about as I read them. Your mother is an inspiration to all of us. God Bless her soul.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Mom's are special, I know; I lost my mom about six years ago. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. I find strenght from her memories as I'm sure you will from yours. God bless.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
What a great concept to live by. Many of us know that we SHOULD try to live in today. I often find myself forgetting that. Thanks for another reminder to live life one day at a time.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Those are wise words, Saleena! Thank you for sharing. It certainly reflects upon the easy nature your Mother had.

Take the time to stop and smell the roses...Enjoy what you do have in life and live it to it's fullest everyday.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Saleena,
Those words that your Mom had left for you and others I'm sure have come from her heart... I'm sure she was a very special lady.. All Mom's are. I hope that your doing okay... My Mom left us 3 years ago and I still miss her like crazy. I hope that you enjoy TODAY....

·
Registered
622 Posts
A most exellent post. I lost my mom last year to a bad battle with cancer. She gave similar words in her last days, and one cant help but stop and think about the big picture. She also gave me something else which I recommend to all boaters. She went on a trip before she was bed ridden and bought me something. She was becomming close to angel figures and identifying with anything angelic. She gave me a pewter pin of something called a Sailor Angel, and told me to keep it on my boat always. The pin came with some history of this figure and the tradtion goes back thousands of years. I have it pinned on a window curtian. She said this will keep me and my passengers safe from disasters. I believe her.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
That is beautiful, Saleena. Thank you for sharing it.
I am going to print it out, put it on the fridge. A daily reminder.

xxooo

·
Registered
709 Posts
Laney I am glad you were able to find some peace, hope and inspiration in this time of grief for you and the rest of your family.

-rp

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
thanks laney

·
Registered
131 Posts
Laney

Thanks, great words!! My mom and I don't always see eye to eye but being reminded that she may not be here forever reminds me to call her and to try to not fight for a change...

Sue

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
No reason for this other than the fact that I think this picture is beautiful.

Laney, so sorry.

Words to live by though!!! Thank you for sharing!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow Campari - that is beautiful - it gave me chills!

And I think that words like these are going to be the hardest thing for me to be without...no matter how much my mom and I argued or how far apart we lived, I ALWAYS knew she was just a phone call away when I needed her...and she ALWAYS had the right words to say...I will miss her wisdom.

The very last time I talked to her she was in the hospital...they were going to discharge her that day, but...anyway, SHE was in the hospital, so ill...and she was WORRIED ABOUT ME and everything on my "little shoulders" as she put it...that's what mothers do...

I am glad these words are providing some inspiration for a lot of you, too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts