Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...after all the jokes subside..

i need a plumber who can dislodge my tub drain...water doesn't go down or go down fast enough...but all the other sinks/drains work fine...i believe it's cuz the idiot who did my tile work didn't cover the drain while he was doing the grout...

does anyone know someone (good but inexpensive) to come snake it out for me?
or if someone has a good quality snake i could use...the one i have doesn't work that good

thanks!
musk

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Just go buy a hand crank snake. They're only $15-20.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can try a plunger... that works more often then not for the wife. or if you have a vacum with an exhaust port using the exhaut to push it through.

But make sure either way you'll need to block off the over flow with a damp towel or else!!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
ACO hardware sells an (acid) drain cleaner I have used before. Just pour and cover the DRY drain,wait 7-10 minn. flush with hot water, you should be good to go.
(Even if it is grout, shower tile grout should be unsanded anyway)

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(RK4BASSIN @ Jul 22 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ACO hardware sells an (acid) drain cleaner I have used before. Just pour and cover the DRY drain,wait 7-10 minn. flush with hot water, you should be good to go.
(Even if it is grout, shower tile grout should be unsanded anyway)

Its called Rotox B verry carefull if you use it on castiron pipes .It could eat right though them , had it happen in my old house.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Another real easy, cheap, harmless method is to pour baking soda followed by vinegar down the drain. Let it foam like sh!t for about a half hour, then follow it down with a big pot of boiling water. Not sure if it will help your grout, but it will take care of most soap, oil, and hair.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.