Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short, peeps, i've been dealing with inkslingers for 2 weeks. i've dealt with unprofesionalim from their staff, put offs from the owners, and ultimatley, them not meeting the deadline i gave them almost 12 days ago today.

would you pay a few hundred $$$ if someone wasn't producing when you GAVE them the days you needed the project and what they gave you was NO WHERE THE RESULTS you requested??'

my deadline was today. i STILL have no results after i met with them the past 3 days about it. i have no invites in the mail like they should be. and INKSLINGER DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE EVEN THOUGH IT'S THEIR FAULT.

i put a stop payment on thier check (the first one ever for me) and told them to not cash it. my intern waited 2 hrs past the time it was supposed to be ready. AS IF INKSLINGERS CARED. they didnt'. they told her 'if your boss doesn't like this, she can keep her check.'

nice.

and the design was nowhere what i requested. they didn't care. they didnt;' care to meet with me to see WHAT i wanted. they did NOT care. so now, here i am with NO invite, and a few hours to figure out what i want to do.

do you think i'm wrong for not paying them? even my WRIF peeps said they were slime & i shouldn't have bothered. what say you?

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
I'm not sure I understand how the invite and the tattoo joint fit together.... but I say screw them. I've only heard negative things about them. You don't want to be associated with that!

Is there anyone else you can use?

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
I am assuming that the invitations are for the Anniversary bash...they were going to do the temporary tattoos...

I know that several of my friends went to a place in New Baltimore....raved about it...let me know if you want me to find out more information about them...

And I wouldn't pay 'em either...

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Freetime @ Jun 11 2003, 11:04 PM)I'm missing the correlation between the invite and the tattoo also.

the front of the invite was going to be a model's hip with this particular tattoo on it.

the tattoo was a guitar, some flames, and a banner with the announcement on it: basically going for the whole 'wow' effect of actually doing it.

the back was , well, what you see in the boathouse. i was trying to do something way different and way cool to, well, use my creativity. it seems unless i can't do it myself, it ain't worth doing...grrrrrr.

here's what it looks like after their unprofessinal attempt:
not clear. i mean, aren't temp tatoos supposed to be ON your skin, not on them like a plastic piece?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
u can see the outine, the shine (can NOT get rid of the glare: i have 50 shots of a hip that are ALL glare!!!) ...AND they were going to man a booth for temp tats! aghhhh!
i need the whole effect of the bod & the tat. i was counting on their professionalism to help be produce the effect. obviously it didn't work.
i'm sure if i used the photo shop, i COULD make it work, but that is NOT what i wanted, grrrrrrrrr....

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
wow...sorry to say it, but that really looks like sh*t...

GREAT IDEA, though, girl!!!

You can get someone else, I am sure.

We do have an AMAZINGLY creative talent behind one of these computers....I am sure MONGO would do a great great great job at designing it!!!! Then take it to another parlor!!!

BOYCOTT INKSLINGERS .... oh I am not "allowed" to get a tattoo, anyway.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'd get a tattoo: 'DON'T GO TO INKSLINGERS!!!!' right across my lowest buttocks!!!
even my WRIF peeps (today they) said they were a$$es$ and WRIF was an account inks was hoping to get thru me...little did i know it was more like 'hoping to get back!' grrr
i HATE PEOPLE who use me to get to others!!!!!JERKS!!!!!!!!!!!
but these quaker brand 'quakes' are awesome! baked, not fried, and bbq flavored toburn yer mouth! mmmm! keeping thru the day!!!
****...sorry about the derogitory, but..GOSH am i MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
I didn't even know they did temp tattoos. Now I see that they shouldn't!
Awesome design, but crappy STICKER!

Is it the "henna" tattoos that actually go on your skin? I remember seeing people that do that all over Key West. (not that that would help this situation!) But maybe that's what you need to look for, is somebody who does henna tats?

A Phtoshop guru could probably clean up that picture to blend in the background of the STICKER, but that wouldn't help how they look the night of your party...

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and it DOES look like shhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiteeeeeeeeeee!

jerkos! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
well, tomorrow is another day and maybe i'll ship it to snowbi to work some miracles!
! hey! there's a BIG GOOD THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"help me snowbi-wan. you are my only hope!"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
After doing some googling, I'm thinking that Henna is probably not the answer. Those are painted on tats.

You need a good "transfer tattoo." A more advanced version of the ones that we used to get in Cracker Jack boxes...

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I can't do anything with THAT picture.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I wouldn't deal with them EVER!.

My brother is a tatooist. He told me they are one of the worst places in Michigan to deal with. Nothing but bad things.

Did you sign any contracts with them?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I have known them as "sh!tslingers" for several years now. Not once did I hear a good word about them. I would think as long as they presented you with the prototype and didnt go into production, there should be no problem in stopping payment. Afterall, if your not pleased with the work, you dont have to pay. You did the right thing.

My sister ahs a friend who is both an artist and a tatooist(?) If you want, I can get some more info on himand forward it to you. Hopefully it wont be to late. PM/email me of you are interested.

Jim

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Cracker Jack's makes better tatoo's than that! Thank you for the heads up, CK! I have been talking with everyone where they have had theirs done.......I'm going to have it the rest of my life and want to be very happy with it!

Hope you can work on something before the big day.

·
Registered
481 Posts
try the guys at wonderland tattoo in st clair shores (harper and nine mile area, where little mack dumps into harper). theyre good fellas.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts