Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
There is a decent book you can buy at Gander Mountain. One for LP and one for UP. The name escapes me at the moment.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I think Alex is refering to the "Top 50" Inland Lakes series of books...one is for Northern Mi and another one covers Southern Mi.
You can also buy individual maps at KD Outdoors on M-59 at Williams Lk. Rd. just west of the airport.

Mac

·
Registered
319 Posts
There is the 50 Lower michigan lakes (tom huggler), and then there is another book called sportsmans something that goes by county and has way more lakes. The huggler book is available at most places, but the other map book I've olny seen at wal-mart.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I haven't been able to find many places for the smaller lakes besides the MDNR or MUCC, but I have found an awesome web site where you can buy aerial photographs of any lake in Michigan. You can get a great idea of contours and the basic layout of the lake

aerial photos

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Go high tech. Check out the Michigan inland lakes program from Lakemaster lake maps to bring up maps on your PC. You can log fish, add your own details, and get truly accurate GPS coordinates along with many other things. You can also get a version that includes Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is the first body of water they've redone in Michigan with 3 foot contour detail. They have list of the 176 inland Michigan lakes in this program so far. They are adding more and so far, the downloads to add new map info has been free.

It's a great program and extremely cheap when you figure out all you get. Xtreme Bass Tackle is a Lakemaster dealer. I have the above map, the Lake Erie/St. Clair and the Lake Michigan now. I think they are a steal for the price. I haven't even scratched the surface of what the software allows me to do.

·
Registered
927 Posts
the lakemaster program rules. worth every penny. i have found the tom huggler book to be very inconsistant and inaccurate with the maps of lakes i fish. but if you just want the basics its a good purchase. becareful tho, i would not advise using any map for navigation i.e. many maps in books dont show sunken islands or sandbars, so just because the map says its 8' deep, learn the lake before you open it up. my friend bought a boat last year and totalled his prop the first time he took his new boat out. sunken island. doesnt show up on the huggler map.

madman himself

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Individual inland lake maps are available thru MUCC
Check out www.mucc.org.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sportsman's Connection. They have books for each area of the state. I have the southeast Mi book, my partner has the central / northeast Mi. Pretty good book. Got mine at Gander Mt. (probably shouldn't admit that) in Waterford. $19.99

Craig

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I thought I saw you in there the last time I was in there!!..LOLOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts