Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
We all have em!

Whether its game of fish lets have em!

Mine is Filet of salmon placed in tin foil wrap, smothered in brown sugar and soy sauce! grill 10/15 minute...perfection.!

MMMMMMMMMM

Now the best duck we've had was at Thomas Edison Inn!

·
Registered
120 Posts
MMMMMMMM! I lve Salmon like that too garydebs!

One of my favorites are what we all Duck kabobs. You marinate duck breast in soy sauce and italian dressing and put in whatever seasonings you like and the cut tem int cubes, wrap them in bacon and then shish kabob them with al of your favorite vegetables and cook them on the grill.

Doesn't get much better!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Since this is the hunting forum I'll call upon my hunting friends for their fav. recipe and post what I think sounds best....I haven't cooked venison in years

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brain Storm....

A LSCN Wild game dinner.....to much going on right now...maybe after the first of the year?????

Waddya think???

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I don't have alot of recipes but I do have some good advise. The one thing every one dis-likes the most about venison is the "gamey taste". That taste is actually caused by the bone, tallow, and blood that is in the meat. The more bone and tallow that is removed before freezing (or at least before cooking) the better. When thawing the meat, soak it in cool water. That will draw out the blood. The longer you soak it, the better. Changing the water often is also a good idea. In fact, if you squeeze it like a sponge that helps too. I usually soak my venison 12 - 24 hours before I put it into the marinade. You'll know it is ready because the meat actually turns to a brownish color.

For a marinade, I just use a little teryaki and worcestire sause along with a couple dashes of garlic powder and onion powder. I usually marinade for 1 - 2 hours.

When you get all that blood out of the venison, it will cook faster so be careful not to over cook it. I cook it just like my steaks - medium or even medium-rare if I get enough blood out of it.

yum!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turkey Leftovers????

2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup diced chilies
12 tortillas, flour or corn
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups cooked shredded/loose turkey
Nonstick cooking spray
1/2 cup sliced, ripe black olives (optional)

Combine soup, sour cream and chilies. Heat thoroughly. Warm tortillas in damp towel in microwave or in a non-stick skillet over the stove. Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix cheeses, onion, turkey and 1 cup of the soup mixture. Put two tablespoons of chese-turkey mixture in the center of each tortilla. Roll tortillas and place in baking dish. Pour remaining soup mixture over top. Cover, and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover, and top with sliced, ripe black olives and additional cheese, if desired. Yield: 4 to 5 servings

1 - 6 of 6 Posts