Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a boat electrician to install a radar unit (JRC 1000) and a GPS (Garmin 176c) and then tie the two together. Anyone know of someone who is reasonable and knows what he/she is doing?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had Sparky from Vicious Marine out the other day for some outdrive work and he is gong to take the installation job. He did great with the work I needed done, took his time so as to show me what was going on so I could do it next time, and was more than fair in his price.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Sparky!, Sparky!, Sparky! ... my boyfriend swears by him... met him a few times as of late.... nothing but respect for that guy...

G

·
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ May 6 2003, 05:07 PM)Sparky!, Sparky!, Sparky! ... my boyfriend swears by him... met him a few times as of late.... nothing but respect for that guy...

Sparky did some tune up work on my boat this year.
very reasonably priced.

CanehdianGirl, who is your boyfriend, maybe i know him.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(PyrateJim @ Apr 27 2003, 09:00 PM)Looking for a boat electrician to install a radar unit (JRC 1000) and a GPS (Garmin 176c) and then tie the two together. Anyone know of someone who is reasonable and knows what he/she is doing?

Thanks,
Jim
I'm back looking again. Sparky never called me back and I have been trying to get in touch with him all week but only get his voice mail and again, no replies to my messages.

Anyone have some good references?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just PM'd him. Lets see what happens.

Thanks,
Jim

·
LSC Raft Moderator
1,472 Posts
QUOTE(PyrateJim @ May 21 2003, 07:29 AM)I just PM'd him. Lets see what happens.

Thanks,
Jim
Have you found anyone yet?
If not send me an email with your contact information

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(brinik @ May 24 2003, 07:34 AM)Have you found anyone yet?
If not send me an email with your contact information
I emailed you this moring. Give me a call on either one of the numbers and lets see what we can put together.

Thanks,Jim

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
If anyone finds a good, reliable, affordable person to do boat electrical work, let me know. I was the one last summer, constantly posting about the crazy electrical gremlins on my boat. I THINK I have the problem figured out, but just in case, it would be nice to have the number for an expert.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I had "Brinik" aka Brian, come out to my boat today and we started on the installation on the gps and radar. Even with a burp or two Brian is doing a great job AND he has a great sense of humor. He is fair on his prices and works hard to get the job done and have it come out looking great. We should finish it wednesday and fine tune everything. I would definately recommend him and say to give him a shout.

Jim

P.S. Brian, with praise and kudoo's, dont disapoint me on wednesday.
(I know you wont) Sea ya in the a.m.

·
LSC Raft Moderator
1,472 Posts
QUOTE(Campari @ May 27 2003, 02:14 PM)If anyone finds a good, reliable, affordable person to do boat electrical work, let me know. I was the one last summer, constantly posting about the crazy electrical gremlins on my boat. I THINK I have the problem figured out, but just in case, it would be nice to have the number for an expert.
Give ma a call or email me.

Brian
313-729-1326

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Brian finished the job early this afternoon. The radar and gps work great and they are interfaced as I wanted. He cleaned up after himself and made sure everyting was excatly as I wanted it. Even with a couple of burps that came up that he had no control of, his price remained the same from what he first quoted. Needless to say, I was very pleased with the service I received.

THANKS BRIAN!

Jim

·
LSC Raft Moderator
1,472 Posts
I am glad you are happy Jim. Thanks for the opportunity to prove myself. Did you get that drive worked out?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(brinik @ May 29 2003, 04:16 PM)I am glad you are happy Jim. Thanks for the opportunity to prove myself. Did you get that drive worked out?
No problem Brian. You did good by me and I am happy to promote someone who does a good job at honest prices.

Looks like the drive problem is a spun hub. I am going to try and pick up the wrench I need and pull the prop on saturday morning so I can get it in and pick up a spare as well. I got your PM and will keep the offer in mind if I need the help.

Thanks again,
Jim

·
Registered
256 Posts
Jim,

Thanks for posting that you needed an electrician. I was in the same "boat" and came across your thread, and ended up having Brian come out and install my GPS and a horn as well. Excellent job on both and I wouldn't hesitate to have him out again for more work . . . which, after talking to him, seems like he can do just about anything on a boat. I plan on having him detail the topsides probably in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Jim, and Brian!!!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(brinik @ May 28 2003, 05:21 PM)QUOTE(Campari @ May 27 2003, 02:14 PM) If anyone finds a good, reliable, affordable person to do boat electrical work, let me know. I was the one last summer, constantly posting about the crazy electrical gremlins on my boat. I THINK I have the problem figured out, but just in case, it would be nice to have the number for an expert.
Give ma a call or email me.

Brian
313-729-1326
TTT

for CAMPARI...not sure if he saw this!

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
thats great to know I want to have a charger installed. Anyone got recomendations on what to get so I can use my 12 v lighting when I am hooked up to shore power. In the future I also want to get a fridge and have that set for 110 and 12v.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts