Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BADBOY Mike & I pulled the damn thing out of the NASTY ASYLUM it has been stuck in for the last 8 months & pulled her over to VISCIOUS MARINE. Sparky gave her a good once over, shook his head & said "I'll call you tomorrow . . . "

Well, at least something will be moving ahead!
Thanks for the support of the Wiz, the SunBums and Advantage Rob. Wiz brought by a few beers for me to cry in.
Went back to Wiz's exceptional crib (VERY KEWL) and down MORE BEERS w/the SunBum's.

Thanks guys for your support in these troublesome times . . .

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Sparky will hook you up! She'll be back in the water before you know it!

Right Spark'

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Jul 8 2003, 11:42 PM)BADBOY Mike & I pulled the damn thing out of the NASTY ASYLUM it has been stuck in for the last 8 months & pulled her over to VISCIOUS MARINE. Sparky gave her a good once over, shook his head & said "I'll call you tomorrow . . . "

Well, at least something will be moving ahead!
Thanks for the support of the Wiz, the SunBums and Advantage Rob. Wiz brought by a few beers for me to cry in.
Went back to Wiz's exceptional crib (VERY KEWL) and down MORE BEERS w/the SunBum's.

Thanks guys for your support in these troublesome times . . .

Are both engines down? Didn't you just get a new one like 2 years ago? Any warranty or do I knot have a clue what I am talking about...

Did you get the toaster out to make sure it is safe?

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
What's the story? What are you going to have done? Did you forget the 2 new engines and are just going to get the one broke one fixed?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Steve...first remember the INSTIGATOR has played a huge roll on the waters of Lake St. Clair. Know that IF you are not able to bring her back that she gave 150% at all times from a party perspective. Know that I can still close my eyes and see about a dozen or so people dancing and partying. I have also seen alot trixies on that boat all at one time...it could have been called "The TRIXIGATOR" Don't give up yet! She's not the "Dirty Bird" of boats yet. Think of her as taking a time out and getting a boob job and a face lift all at the same time. I have faith in the INSTIGATOR!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Glad we could be there for ya buddy. We have strong shoulders... if ya need one to cry on. And cold beer.

Wiz, thank you for the great hospitality. Steve is right, your place is awesome. We will be taking you up on your offer!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Me and sparky were talking about how much work is involved when we were welding up my stainless stuff. Its alot of work, basicly giving the instigator, a face lift, fix up a few things, and paintwork, not that it's in bad shape, but that stuff takes time to fix properly, and it's a huge boat. I've seen him take a 39 scarab from a shell of a cracked out looking boat, to a bad a$$ ride. Sparky did have that "oh boy, here we go" look in his eyes. It's a really big job to do. I may donate alot of my time to help you out, I've gone thru this before on the cat, it's not fun, and it's itchy. I think there is some more disassembly needed, to get to the inside of all the nooks and crannies, (WTF is it a boat or an english muffin) but you can be sure of one thing, he'll do it right.

He did a great job welding my stainless bolster base, I think the factory welds on it concentrated on pretty, over srong, and there were a few hairline cracks at the welds that I wanted to fix before I hit a big wave and landed on the back seat or something. Now, its strong, and looks good too. I've never welded stainless before, then to see the chrome-looking poles get welded and turn all black, I freaked out, I was thinking I was going to have the hugest p.i.t.a. to get them looking good again, but when I got home, I hit them with a scotchpad wheel, they instantly came back to chrome, I couldn't belive how easy that was, then a little polishing, and it better than new. Sparky comes thru again.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Good to hear Rob!

Mine will be going in to Sparky for paint, graphics and some glasswork after this season. Maybe I should book it in now! We know how busy he gets.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
With all this support, the "old lady" should be up to par in no time! Here is another picture of her in the Special Olympics Poker Run, just last year!

·
Registered
625 Posts
oh yeah, I almost forgot, it was good to meet everyone lastnight, Sorry I coldnt stop by wiz, but I was freaking out about how to clean up the welds at the time, Had I known how easy it was, I would have stopped in for a couple.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(rerun @ Jul 9 2003, 10:23 AM)Steve what are you getting done? Face lift could cover a lot of things.
My original goal, last FALL <_< , was to clean up a few chips & scratches while the engines were to be freshened. We pulled the motors & left the boat at a friends shop for the winter w/a check to complete the job.
Well, I got visions of grandeur for brand new motors & put off the rebuilds. All winter long, my 'friend' tore the boat apart (waaaay more than I wanted!) & then never touched it again! I rode him since March to finish the job with no response. So, rather than new big motors, I'm back to having the old ones completely rebuilt (by Millenyum Marine) and having to pay Sparky to finish the original job AND put the boat BACK TOGETHER!!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I hope you get the good o'l Instigator back up and running again soon, Steve!

Good luck!

·
12,052 Posts
Good luck Steve. Man, when I said no hurry on the engine stand, you really took me serious.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Sparky called . . . over $8,000.00 to finish the glass & paint job!!

Like Rob said, there isn't that much to do!?!?
I've got two fresh engines, but an unfinished boat! I'm dyin' here!!
PLEASE, does anybody have any good glass guys to help me out??

Otherwise, back into storage she goes . . . <_<

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
*^)%)&*^*^*^*(&*)^%%@$#

oh honey!!! i wish i could do something for ya! i don't even know any glas guys! grrr...i'm so sorrry!!! guess i'll never get a trip on the instigator!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts