Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Anderson's in PH says there's a big school of Steelies around Port Sanilac and Lexington. Port huron isn't that much further south. It's a big lake/river system and those fish can be anywhere. It's not common, but it does happen, good deal for your friend, hope to see a pic or two.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
I was fishing the St. Clair River last week just below Port Huron. Around mid-morning we heard an enormous splash just behind us that sounded like a Volkswagon falling out of the sky. Neither one of us saw it, but figured it was either a huge salmon or a sturgeon. Or maybe even a 14lb smallmouth. It was huge whatever it was.

Caught this guy while fishing Windmill Pointe for bass 9-16-01. It hit an all chartreuse spinnerbait in 4ft. of water. Still not sure what it is - a King?
Water Vertebrate Sky Shorts Lake

Attachments

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
QUOTE(CaptDoug @ Sep 5 2009, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Caught this guy while fishing Windmill Pointe for bass 9-16-01. It hit an all chartreuse spinnerbait in 4ft. of water. Still not sure what it is - a King?

King! and a bigun.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I had something big from the trout family break of today on the North part of the lake.....It ate a fluke on a dropshot rig.....I wasn't very easy with it, I actually thought it was a large sheepshead or some kind of junk fish until we got it by the boat and it lost it's mind and took off on a run...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.