Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I was tossing this around some rocks trying to get a little action. It seemed nothing was interested in it so I decided to sit down, take a break and have a beverage with the pole leaning up against the side of the boat with the lure about 8 -12 inches above the water. That is when something got interested and jumped up and grabbed the lure. I have never seen this before and could not stop laughing and missed landing the bass. Just thought I would share a fun story and nobody is at work to tell.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Same thing has happpened many times to my brother and I up north, we would be trolling along to fish a new spot with our lures hanging over the side of the boat and next thing you know a bass or pike is nailing the top of the water right next to us. Just this past year my brother was standing while doing this and when the fish hit he just about s%^t his pants and fell on his A##.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i had a eye do this to me once castin bommers did my figure eight notin pulled the lure out of the water had a fish fly land on my castin armwhen to pick it of then baaaammmmmm eye on the best part that was the first eye i caught castin

·
Registered
731 Posts
QUOTE(druppydrawers @ Jun 20 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've heard of top water baits
But out of the water baits
Where do you get those? 9 mile bp I bet

LOL!! WHAT COLOR???

·
Registered
3,330 Posts

Yeah, last year I was fooling around with a rig with my lure (a black chatterbait) hanging just above the surface and a fish -- probably a pike -- took a crack at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts