Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
New member to the forums and wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Chuck and I found this place through an internet search about Lake St. Clair. I'm currently a laid-off machine tool electrician who wants to get back into fishing after many years away from it.

I enjoy camping, hunting, fishing, & making chainmail jewelry and armor.

My brother-in-law recently got a small fishing boat and we will be going out once in a while in that, but I would also like to find some places to shore fish along the lake and also the St. Clair River. So I will be making some trips around to find out what is still open to the public.

Have a great 4th.
Chuck

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Welcome Aboard, Chuck !!

you've come to the right place...tons of info in all the forums...
so don't forget to check out the Fishing Reports & Tips forum !

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hello and welcome, Chuck. You have came to the right spot.

·
Registered
310 Posts
QUOTE(Steellord @ Jul 4 2009, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello everyone,

Chuck

Hmm. You might find a market here for chainmail pfd's, as anonymous gifts of course.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome folks.
I'm really looking forward to doing some serious fishing again. I haven't fished Lake St. Clair in ages, and the last time I fished the Detroit River you could shore fish for perch by the Coast Guard Buoy Tender dock at the foot of Mt Elliot.

I hear much has changed now and I'm not sure being in those areas now is a good thing.

Now that the weather has gotten better I'm hoping my brother-in-law will want to take his boat out. It will probably be easier with two people on board, he has taken it out twice by himself to get used to it. So once again thank you for the welcome and I'll post soon and let you know how things go.

Chuck

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(BigZ @ Jul 4 2009, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Steellord @ Jul 4 2009, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello everyone,

Chuck

Hmm. You might find a market here for chainmail pfd's, as anonymous gifts of course.

I'm currently trying to figure out a way to incorporate some of my maille into a fishing lure. maybe a spinner of some type. I think the linked rings would make a nice rattling noise.
I'll let you know how it turns out.

Chuck

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Hi Chuck/Steellord

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Welcome aboard Chuck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts