Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Is babysitting 5 days a week work?

916 views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  Boss 
Heck yeah its a job!!!
I was a nanny for 1 baby for almost 2 years. Its not easy , expecially when shes 4 months old and collicy.
I give anyone credit for watching kids all day long.
So yes Its a job!!!

QUOTE(boatmonkey @ Sep 25 2003, 08:16 AM)Babysitting "5 days a week", whether watching children for pay all day all week or at night when Mom & Dad go out, is obviously work if done correctly and responsibly. It should pay well, which it doesn't.

You could ask the same question about other domestic work that is hired out because folks are too busy with their jobs to do it, including washing clothes, cleaning houses, and cutting grass. I don't think anyone would say those aren't work.

Now defacing peoples' bodies with ink, that's questionable.
Well said

QUOTE(fatcat660 @ Sep 25 2003, 09:35 AM)It sure is work and probably more inportant than any of our jobs here. Is the program I make for the machine shop going to affect(sp) how a child sees the world; i dont think so, is coming up with an ad slogan going to influance a childs development...nope. It does not matter weather the child is your own or if you are providing day care, you are helping mold a personality thus you are shaping the person themselvs. Bottom line is most of us are making a living, people who take care of children are helping to make a person.

So true

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.