Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really hoping that all the stupid boaters have pulled out over the holiday weekend and the lake has been left to us real boaters! Over the weekend I was sitting on the deck of my boat watching the world go by and saw this closed bow boat cruising up the river FAST with a girl sitting on the bow, some other girl hanging off the back of the boat with her feet in the water, radio blasting the best tunes of some past decade and the skipper was swerving back and forth, sort of doing a S pattern.

So I shout out to slow it down, I mean come on! Never saw that boat before that I can think of...

We so need better lifeguards watching the gene pool!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
QUOTE(Sheamus @ Sep 9 2009, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We so need better lifeguards watching the gene pool!
Good dose of chlorine bleach...
Saw a boat in the middle channel with 2 guys sitting on the back deck/sun pad, feet on the swim platform while the boat was on plane. Not horrible, but not something I'd do, either.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I saw a few myself. For instance I saw a father with 3 great kids, all with life jackets on, taking a nice cruise around Seaway in a 17ft wooden boat early Saturday morning, hardly breaking a plane. There were literally hundreds of boats out in the lake, around Gull Island, etc. Luckily the Border Patrol and Sheriff plucked them out of the group and made sure their boat registration was in order and that they had all the required safety gear on board (which they did). Just crazy I tell you.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
QUOTE(Roxy @ Sep 9 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I saw a few myself. For instance I saw a father with 3 great kids, all with life jackets on, taking a nice cruise around Seaway in a 17ft wooden boat early Saturday morning, hardly breaking a plane. There were literally hundreds of boats out in the lake, around Gull Island, etc. Luckily the Border Patrol and Sheriff plucked them out of the group and made sure their boat registration was in order and that they had all the required safety gear on board (which they did). Just crazy I tell you.

Yea, those damn wood-boaters, gotta watch 'em!

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(superman @ Sep 9 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Sep 9 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Stupid boaters are in season? Where do I get my hunting license?

I'm in!!!

Me too

Dude get your boat out more,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
22,946 Posts
It's all a question of percentages. Chances are 8 to 10% will venture into stupidity with some frequency.

But by the same numbers, it is much less likely to see 2 at the same time. Therefore, the safest bet is to always travel with an idiot!

j/k

Some people just don't give a crap about anything, and all we can do is act defensively when they show up.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Is stupid boater season over????? Is there still water in the lake???? As long as the answer to question #2 is yes then the stupid boaters will be out there... I wish the yahoo's were off the lake but unfortunately they're still going to be out there..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.