Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is lsc real choppy today if any one knows it would be great to know b4 i head out i am planning on either the 9mile launch or the crocker launch never been to 9 mile but i live at 11

·
Registered
735 Posts
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Jul 24 2009, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>is lsc real choppy today if any one knows it would be great to know b4 i head out i am planning on either the 9mile launch or the crocker launch never been to 9 mile but i live at 11

looking out my back door it seems that its not bad at all, but the wind has picked up a bit

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Came into Crocker at 2:00 and the forecasted westerly wind was blowing out of the SE and it had a fair chop with occasional whitecaps. Boatable though.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
QUOTE(Czar @ Jul 24 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Came into Crocker at 2:00 and the forecasted westerly wind was blowing out of the SE and it had a fair chop with occasional whitecaps. Boatable though.

Czar, what color is your boat? Were you out in mid lake, St. Clair light area?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
QUOTE(walleye mike @ Jul 24 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Czar @ Jul 24 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Came into Crocker at 2:00 and the forecasted westerly wind was blowing out of the SE and it had a fair chop with occasional whitecaps. Boatable though.

We started north of the light in 17 fow casting muskie baits then trolled for muskie till south of Huron Point with no runs hits or errors. Shot down off Memorial Park in 8 to 11 fow and got into some smallish largemouth bass. I got 4 largies and a rock bass on a Roland Martin willow leaf spinner in chartruese/white. h20 got 2 largemouth on a Mepps #5. Temp near the chanel was 66. Near shore was 70. Water was crystal clear wherever we went. Here is a pic of the Czarbarge.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
QUOTE(Czar @ Jul 24 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(walleye mike @ Jul 24 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Czar @ Jul 24 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Came into Crocker at 2:00 and the forecasted westerly wind was blowing out of the SE and it had a fair chop with occasional whitecaps. Boatable though.

We started north of the light in 17 fow casting muskie baits then trolled for muskie till south of Huron Point with no runs hits or errors. Shot down off Memorial Park in 8 to 11 fow and got into some smallish largemouth bass. I got 4 largies and a rock bass on a Roland Martin willow leaf spinner in chartruese/white. h20 got 2 largemouth on a Mepps #5. Temp near the chanel was 66. Near shore was 70. Water was crystal clear wherever we went. Here is a pic of the Czarbarge.

Nope wasn't you I saw. Blue Starcraft I saw near me.

I fished the same area basically. Some walleye, a few perch, and 2 musky. 44" 21 lbs and 41" 18 lbs. All on crawler harnesses except one wally on a Reef Runner. I came off the lake at 1 pm.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(Czar @ Jul 24 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Came into Crocker at 2:00 and the forecasted westerly wind was blowing out of the SE and it had a fair chop with occasional whitecaps. Boatable though.

Guy, I guess you can't tell time anymore in your old age.
You guys drove past me at 1:00 PM heading to Crocker. I left at 1:30.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 24 2009, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Czar @ Jul 24 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Came into Crocker at 2:00 and the forecasted westerly wind was blowing out of the SE and it had a fair chop with occasional whitecaps. Boatable though.

Watch it Mike, you`re gonna get old some day too.
. Wish we would have seen ya. That way I would have paid ya to drop off my ballast, (h20).
. How did ya do today? Were you by yourself? It`s funny cause I saw a solo boater out near Memorial and remarked to h20 that , "hey, there goes Zib" The bow was lower than normal so you must have added the weight to the bow on this trip.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(Czar @ Jul 24 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jul 24 2009, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Czar @ Jul 24 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Came into Crocker at 2:00 and the forecasted westerly wind was blowing out of the SE and it had a fair chop with occasional whitecaps. Boatable though.

Watch it Mike, you`re gonna get old some day too.
. Wish we would have seen ya. That way I would have paid ya to drop off my ballast, (h20).
. How did ya do today? Were you by yourself? It`s funny cause I saw a solo boater out near Memorial and remarked to h20 that , "hey, there goes Zib" The bow was lower than normal so you must have added the weight to the bow on this trip.

That was me out there but I didn't add weight to the bow. It planes out if I'm not going into the wind or waves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts