Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 30 seconds ago, I got a call from a telemarketer. I seriously did not let her get 5 words out of her mouth before I hung up on her. Is this rude? What do you guys do??

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I know it's hard because it's just people trying to do their jobs, trying to pay the bills or make ends meet but I can't stand getting those calls either

G

·
I consider them calling all day and night to be rude. You're actually doing them a favor by letting them get to their next call with out begging you to stay on the line when you say no.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
OH HELL NO!!!!!!!

I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO INCONVIENCE THEM AS MUCH AS THEY DO ME...

I WILL TELL THEM TO HANG ON AND SET THE PHONE DOWN FOR TEN MINUTES..

I WILL PRETEND THAT I`M TAKING A DUMP.... GRUNTING AND PRETEND PUSHING

HAVE MY KIDS SING HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THEM ...

ALL SORTS OF STUFF LIKE THAT

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(RED HOT ONE @ Oct 28 2003, 11:03 AM)OH HELL NO!!!!!!!

I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO INCONVIENCE THEM AS MUCH AS THEY DO ME...

I WILL TELL THEM TO HANG ON AND SET THE PHONE DOWN FOR TEN MINUTES..

I WILL PRETEND THAT I`M TAKING A DUMP.... GRUNTING AND PRETEND PUSHING

HAVE MY KIDS SING HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THEM ...

ALL SORTS OF STUFF LIKE THAT

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I pay for the convience of having a phone. To call me & bother me with sales is rude. If I want new windows, I know how to use the yellow pages to find them.

I just say "no thank, bye" then hang up.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hazy and Red Hot.... that is hilarious....

Maybe I should try to be more interactive with them the next time they call!!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
I mess with them as well.I pretend to scream at my wife and kids cuz Im on a real important phone call then I act real interested then I scream, you dont know me, you dont buy my baby pampers, then I threaten to find them and get them in their sleep if they ever call me agin.

I hate telemarkers. Theyre not making any real money doint it, so buy not buying or hanging up or just messing with them your encouraging them to get a better job.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just because I've been on the other end of that in some way before, I am polite and just I'm not interested, Thank you, and hang up.

I have heard that they can't disconnect the line so if you put the phone down they have to sit there, but that sounds like an urban legend to me!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I tell them I'm going to jail in the next week and I won't be needing their services...then I ask them if they want to know why...most don't want to know, but for the ones that do, I make up really evil stories!!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
If it's a black chic, just tell her she sounds sexy and you'll be hav'en phone sex in no time.

·
Registered
387 Posts
QUOTE(Dana @ Oct 28 2003, 08:30 PM)I have heard that they can't disconnect the line so if you put the phone down they have to sit there, but that sounds like an urban legend to me!
Yup, urban legend.

My battering average is about 80% with actually getting telemarketers to hang up on me. I make a fun game out of it. Yeah it sucks having to deal with these people, but it's part of owning a phone. Life actually did exist before phones were invented, I see this as a very small price to pay.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
yeah I dumped my land line, didnt need it. no more phone, no more problem. cell phone only.

But otherwise they either here click or if i can, I'll hand it to my 3-4 yo niece or nephew. Thats my favorite cause you get to mess with the tm's and your helping the kids with their language and personality skills.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
When they ask for me, I tell them in ahalf sobbing voice that "No, that was my brother, he just died in a horrible car accident" or something like that.

If you tell them to take you off their calling list, legally they shouldn't call you again.

To solve the issue, I use my cell phone exclusively. My landline is for my satellite dish and emergency purposes only. The ringer is turned off.

·
Registered
102 Posts
QUOTE(KezzerOne @ Oct 28 2003, 09:15 AM)About 30 seconds ago, I got a call from a telemarketer. I seriously did not let her get 5 words out of her mouth before I hung up on her. Is this rude? What do you guys do??

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

When I want to buy their crap I'll call them. I wish more people would hang up on them. Then perhaps they will stop calling. I have been getting calls at home, at work, and even on my cell phone.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All these are great ideas....... what else have you guys done to telemarketers???? I want your best stories!! This is cracking me up!!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
usually ask does this have anything to do with sex?? cause iam really horney,,, they hang up quick.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I usually just say, No thank you I'm no interested and hang up quickly before they can get a word in edge wise.
I think that's quite polite. Expecially after listening to my husband, who I almost think waits for them to call so he can mess with them. I've heard him tell them everything from "I'm sorry she can't talk right now she has my d*!k
in her mouth" to him tape recording a conversation when
the phone call was so important (from a telemarketer) that he goes biserk when his "wife" tries to interupt him
that he murders the family. Yet they still call. I cringe when the phone rings and he awnsers it by saying - So you say I'v won a free vaction?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Since dumping the land line I can't say I miss the telemarketers, but when I did have them call I would

1. Give the phone to my 2 year old and let him talk, sometimes they would actually talk to him for a while.

2. Tell them I was a dead person.

3. Let the window company come out and give an estimate on my house that was brand new. See what it is like to have their time wasted.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts