Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isle Royale National Park
Have you ever heard about or visited IRNP?
Never heard of the place514.29%
Never been there.1954.29%
Never been there but I am planning a trip this year!12.86%
I have been there before!925.71%
I have been there before and I am planning a trip this year!12.86%

·
Banned
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a link to my trip report from a trip to Isle Royale National Park this past summer from July 3rd-11, 2009. Lots of great photos taken by my brother Ray, some by me. There are a few links to HD video I shot as well!
I have posted previous trip reports on here and I know it can help us soft water guys with cabin fever!

Isle Royale National Park is an isolated island, approx. 40miles long and 7 miles wide, located in Lake Superior. Besides offering up some awesome northern pike and lake trout fishing (too damn cold for smallmouths!) it has plenty of hiking oppurtunities as well. If you haven't gone there before, go! It is a beautiful place indeed!
I just made my reservation for my 6th trip. I am going with a buddy of mine, Steve who is a fellow lscn member and it is his first time to the island.We are planning on going from June 4th-12th. As far as expenses, it was $442.00 for 2 guys for the week. This is what I paid to the National Park Service. That includes the daily user fee of $4.00 per person per day, $100.00 Each roundtrip on the Ranger III in Houghton, Mi., and $170.00 roundtrip to ferry my boat. Add food and gas and a hotel before and after and I have figured a total cost of $646.00 each. Pretty reasonable in my book!

TRIP REPORT: http://isleroyalenationalpark.blogspot.com/

VIDEO
PART 1:
PART 2:
Sunrise to Sunset on Isle Royale National Park :

Attachments

·
Banned
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Nice to see ya back on, Rob. It`s been awhile since you`ve posted.
Great job on the videos.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just a wonderful place to visit. Had made plans with my wife some 25 years ago to spend a week there and the plans were cancelled when she became pregnant. Lo and Behold some 20 years later my son and I made the trip there. what a wonderful place. Did not fish at all but did not have to. Its something to see moose and hear wolf's howl. And being put to sleep and waking up to calling loons is wonderful. We did not have a boat and spent all our time hiking. Will be making plans to visit again soon. Great report BatteryMan

Bob

·
Banned
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm always surprised by how many people haven't heard about IRNP. Even when it is in our state! They say that more people visit yellowstone in a day during the busy season than all year on isle royale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts