Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so warm!! At what point do you turn on your AC? I know it is a little early but... my bedroom is upstairs and I get ready in the morning in the upstairs bathroom and it is so humid. (You should see what happens to my hair-afro city
!)

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I had this conversation with my mother. We've had ours off and on probably 5 times now. My mom said, I think that's a waste, we NEVER turn on our air until at least mid June. I said, Really? I turn ours on when it's hot and I want to cool down.

Just a difference in generations, but I think it's kind of funny.
(Oh yeah, and I love my mom)

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I was sweated bullets yesterday so I strolled over to the themostat and low and behold I still had the heat on!
It was 80 in there. So I fired up the A/C but it didn't really cool down to much although when I woke up it was nice.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
We haven't turned our's on yet, but it is getting close. All we have been doing is opening the windows, and I have the fan running w/o the air on. Seems to be working okay.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
Peeker was giving me sh!t the other day because I had the a/c on for a lil bit. She suggested opening the windows, but I didn't have the screens in. So........ I put a few screens and it has been nice. I can hear the birds chirping away.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
haven't broken down to turn my on yet either - it's nice having the windows open and hearing the birds so until I can't stand it anymore I'll go without

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(waxonwaxoff @ May 13 2004, 08:42 AM)I had this conversation with my mother. We've had ours off and on probably 5 times now. My mom said, I think that's a waste, we NEVER turn on our air until at least mid June. I said, Really? I turn ours on when it's hot and I want to cool down.

Just a difference in generations, but I think it's kind of funny.
(Oh yeah, and I love my mom)
yeah, the air has been on here, too. mom and dad can NOT stand the heat, yet they want to retire to arizona.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Well I got home from work today and it was still pretty hot in here....so I thinking there is something broke for sure....over 24 hours and it's not cool in here. So I head down to the "room" to see if I can see anything wrong....stupid me forgot to turn the power on to the unit.
Well at least it won't be long before I'll be cool for real this time.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
At least you found the problem yourself Rerun... you would have felt like a real dipsh!t if you had a heating/cooling guy come out to fix it!!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ May 13 2004, 06:29 PM)Well I got home from work today and it was still pretty hot in here....so I thinking there is something broke for sure....over 24 hours and it's not cool in here. So I head down to the "room" to see if I can see anything wrong....stupid me forgot to turn the power on to the unit.
Well at least it won't be long before I'll be cool for real this time.
Re, before I finished reading the paragraph I knew what ya did! too funny

oh, and she who laughs, laughs last
I've done that before....forgot to plug the breaker back in outside

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Mine went on today when I started cleaning and got too hot.
Talk about hot I work in the paint department in a factory it is always 10-15 degreese hotter in there than it is outside.
Not to mension the humidity of 500 people sweating in my building.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts