Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

IT'S A SAD DAY BEER DRINKERS

1K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  ShiverMeTimbers 
#1 ·
Beer prices are going up

Anheuser-Busch InBev and MillerCoors say they will raise prices.
Beer drinkers, get ready to shell out more for a Bud: Anheuser-Busch InBev (AHBIY) is boosting the price of its brews.

The increases will occur later this year and will cover "different price tiers," the company told The Wall Street Journal late Tuesday.

"We do plan on taking prices up in the fall on the majority of our volume in the majority of the U.S.," Dave Peacock, president of Anheuser-Busch InBev's U.S. division, told the paper. "The environment is very favorable, we think."

Rival MillerCoors also plans price increases. "We have seen very strong pricing to date this year, and we are projecting a favorable pricing environment moving forward," Brad Schwartz, the vice president of revenue management and sales development at MillerCoors, told the Journal. MillerCoors is a joint venture of Molson Coors (TAP) and SABMiller (SBMRF).

Neither company said how big the price increases would be.

Beer prices in the U.S. have been rising despite the recession. In July, the price of beer, ale and other malt beverages sold for consumption at home had risen 4.6% from July 2008, according to the Labor Department's Consumer Price Index. The year before, prices rose 5.3%.

Meanwhile, distilled spirits rose 2%, and wine was up 1.6% in July. Consumer prices overall were down 2.1% in July, the biggest year-over-year drop since 1950.

Belgian InBev bought Anheuser-Busch last year.

See less See more
#2 ·
I heard today part of the decision was based on a reduction in volume was causing them to raise prices to get revenue back in line....

... what ever happened to "supply and demand"????

anyhoo... some of it can be blamed on me because I shifted my choice from Bud Light to Sam Adams....

#4 ·
QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Aug 26 2009, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Right now there is a six dollar rebate on a case of Bud, Bud Light, and Bud Select. I think they are trying to get us hooked and then raise the prices.

Trying?

Don't you get Christmas and Birthday cards from the Anheuser-Busch corporate office?

#5 ·
QUOTE(KMC @ Aug 26 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I heard today part of the decision was based on a reduction in volume was causing them to raise prices to get revenue back in line....

... what ever happened to "supply and demand"????

anyhoo... some of it can be blamed on me because I shifted my choice from Bud Light to Sam Adams....

Just like when Detroit Edison and the Detroit water raised their rates they used same excuse...."energy/ consumpition is down and we dont have the income to cover costs"...

#6 ·
QUOTE(Stodge @ Aug 26 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Aug 26 2009, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Right now there is a six dollar rebate on a case of Bud, Bud Light, and Bud Select. I think they are trying to get us hooked and then raise the prices.

Trying?

Don't you get Christmas and Birthday cards from the Anheuser-Busch corporate office?

only on the years he's able to pull off a keg stand !!

#7 ·
QUOTE(Stodge @ Aug 26 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Aug 26 2009, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Right now there is a six dollar rebate on a case of Bud, Bud Light, and Bud Select. I think they are trying to get us hooked and then raise the prices.

Trying?

No but I got a real nice Bud Light serving bucket with matching glasses and coasters from somebody on this board.

#11 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Aug 26 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So its just the crap beers?

I don't drink beer often. But when I do I lean towards Bell's or some other small brewery who has a wheat beer. So I'm already paying throgh the nose for beer.

Good thing I mostly drink vodka.

#16 ·
QUOTE(EASYE @ Aug 26 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bouttime1 @ Aug 26 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Convincor @ Aug 26 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When I was 21 the price of a fifth of Jack Daniels was about $12-13. Now..... $23-24.

But it's made right here in the good ole USA... & Damn it's good stuff...

mmm!!!! a 5th will get ya 4 good drinks!

Another graduate of the "Convincor School of Bartending" I see.

#17 ·

Trying?

#18 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Aug 26 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So its just the crap beers?

I agree there crappy .. and watered down . Stick with the Canadian stuff/

#19 ·
QUOTE(Stodge @ Aug 27 2009, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(EASYE @ Aug 26 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bouttime1 @ Aug 26 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Convincor @ Aug 26 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When I was 21 the price of a fifth of Jack Daniels was about $12-13. Now..... $23-24.

But it's made right here in the good ole USA... & Damn it's good stuff...

mmm!!!! a 5th will get ya 4 good drinks!

Another graduate of the "Convincor School of Bartending" I see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.