Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone out there that might be interested in going to a firing range? I need a skilled partner:)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
It's been awhile for me too, Dookie. I'd be happy to fire a few rounds with you, but I haven't fired a shot since I moved here to Michigan, and don't know of any places to shoot. I heard the the Bass Pro Shop at the Great Lakes Mall has an in door range, but I'm not sure if it's true or not.

Whatta ya got to shoot with? I gotta 9mm Bereta semi- auto and a .22 cal semi-auto Ruger target pistol. Oh, and a .54 cal muzzle loading (black powder) Thompson Center Arms rifle, and a couple of old shotguns.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I've never shot a handgun. Only a 22 mm rifle and an AK-47.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Homebrew was telling me at the party last night that he hasen`t fired his little cap gun in a while maybe you
should take him to the range for some target pratice!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I can hook you up with my .22 cal Ruger. It's fun, safe(not too much of a kick-back) and the bullets are cheap. I bought it because the rounds for my Bereta are about $0.50 each, and it can get expensive pretty quick with a 15 round clip!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
There's the place on Dequindre..........Last time I shot was at a private club.......I think I'd miss my target this morning though

·
Registered
455 Posts
There is a pretty nice indoor range by the name of Double Action on Dequindre just south of 14 mile. Wetbar and I have been talking about going there soon. Ive got a 357magnum revolver, but they have firearms for rent as well.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Damn Yankee,

Give me a holler when you figure out what day. Maybe we can get a group together, pop off a few rounds, then head to a bar for a few more rounds! I'll get ahold of Wet Bar & Evil Shot Girl & see if they're interested.

Could be a good time!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I shoot at Double Action. It is a decent range and close to work for me too. YES Bass Pro Shops has an indoor range but I think that it is only has 4 lanes. With firearm season only a few weeks away it may be quite a wait to get in. Call ahead if you're going to go there!

Depending on how long it has been Dookie, I suggest that whoever takes you should give you a quick firearm and range safety review. I love target shooting but I have walked out of a range more then once when some numb nut couldn't keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. I turn them in and wait until the range officer can take care of it.

BE SAFE and have fun!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(Captain Dan @ Oct 26 2003, 12:01 PM)
Damn Yankee,

Give me a holler when you figure out what day. Maybe we can get a group together, pop off a few rounds, then head to a bar for a few more rounds! I'll get ahold of Wet Bar & Evil Shot Girl & see if they're interested.

Could be a good time!
Cool, will do Captain Dan! I'll PM ya. Probably on Wednesday or Friday after work.

B2B, you gonna be at TNT's Tuesday? We can talk about this place then.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Would love to get in on this. I have a .357 magnum I haven't fired in about 4 years.

Love popping off a few rounds. Have also fired, AK47, M16, M16A2, M60, 50 Cal., and on up to Howitzers. "The King of Battle".

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
DY, the plan for now is to go to TNT's, but weekday plans tend to get AFU. I'll gladly tell you about it if I make it.

Mike it sounds like you fired some kool stuff.
Almost nothing like FULL AUTO to bring a smile to a guys face. The most fun I had shooting was with a short barrel full auto 9mm, M16 frame I forget the designation, M9 maybe. It is good to be friends with the right cops.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Pat it's been awhile since I got to shoot anything. But yeah it is cool every once in awhile to "feel the power". Got mine from my uncle, an ex homicide detective, with a hand taped ice pick. His advice, "shoot first and drop the pick by his hand"!! He was a character.

Coolest firing I ever witnessed was MLRS (Multiple Launch Rocket System) in Ft. Lewis WA at Yakima Firing Center. Was slightly smaller simulation rockets but looked way cool. Talk about "Feeling the Power"!!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Had this same thought in mind yesterday. Wanted to go sight in the rifle for the upcoming firearm season opener. Took a drive out to the gravel pit I usually go to for this chore and what do I find? Several truckloads of what looked to be Full Auto and Semi Auto gun club members. They had M-16's, Thompsons, water cooled WWI vintage 30 calibers, aircooled WWII 30 calibers,pretty much anything that shot multi rounds. I stayed and watched them cut down trees for a few minutes then decided I didnt really need to shoot my gun after all and left. I can't wait to see what kind of mess they left the place in.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(btenn @ Oct 26 2003, 09:29 AM)Homebrew was telling me at the party last night that he hasen`t fired his little cap gun in a while maybe you
should take him to the range for some target pratice!

Well, all i can say is....he's got really good aim!!

the only place i've been to is Double Action & the WPD. So far i've only fired a 357 revolver and a 9mm.

BTB-i will not shoot anything but the target, never dropped the gun because it "scared me" either

Nocode, i'm in for Friday if your avalible?????

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Its north and a little east of Lapeer. Its kind of crazy out there sometimes as you can see. But its closeby and free. I'll take a swing out by there some afternoon this week when it ought to be quieter. If you know where Roods Lake road is, its up by the end of it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I prefer Target Sports in Royal Oak on Woodward. Multi Lanes, they also have a very wide range of pistols to rent. Try the desert eagle 50.

I've bee to Double Action , but they don't allow concealed carry, which is a bit hypocritical for a gun shop IMO.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts