Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's done now, with 50 - 60 mph winds and 2 inches of rain and temps in the high 60's maybe 70 say goodbye to the ice for sure early spring (hopefully) early Walleye spawn.......cool, open water, messed around with my rig for about 5 hrs last night, ( wife yelling and screaming at me to come in (most popular response was i will be there in a second, two hours latter the same reply, cant wait.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I hear that Ripping the whole time I was messing with the boat yesterday (re-installing the batteries, cleaning up the floor and putting tackle into the storage compartments) she just kept coming out telling me that I wasn't going anywhere until she gets that new vinyl fence put up around the yard to keep the Akita in. Had to give her my all so famous frostline speech that I can't work in the yard until the earth unfreezes first so I might as well take the boat out for the next month or two until it softens up. Don't think she is buying it but we will see on Sunday.

·
Registered
927 Posts
i like to use that one too. be there in a second, always been a fav of mine.

i have another one i like too. if i go fishing for 4 days in a row, i will tell my gf that i am only going out for an hour or so, just to make sure the fish are where they were yesterday. then i explain to her how important it is for me to be out there "just to see" while she rolls her eyes and shoots me dirty looks

when i get home at dark, the wrath is unleashed. honestly i couldnt tell you why she is still with me, but god bless her for sticking around after 4 fish filled years. i must be doing at least one thing right.

i think she is starting to understand that fishing isnt just a hobby to me.

madman himself

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See what i did i pute a vinyle fence around ours durring the fall of last year, i took the hit for all of the fall of last year fence,laid sod,power washed the gutters,even built her a little garden and bought her a puppy, ( because i know i can be replaced by a dog any day of the week) we are going to have our second child in July so i hammerd out all possible projects that could hold me back from the lake, so i can spend alot of time on the lake this spring and up to the first week in July (always got to be thinking) but ya she is a real good woman................... I tell her, Its not a sport its a passion.................................................................

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
QUOTE(Ripping @ Mar 5 2004, 09:49 AM)i will be there in a second, two hours latter the same reply, cant wait.
I don't know how many times I've used that one.

·
Registered
397 Posts
You have to be VERY careful though when tinkering on the boat while the wife is talking to you.

Last weekend I was installing a new pair of Boat Buckles on the trailer. My wife and my neighbor were in the garage talking to me.

Of course I'm hearing "Blah, blah, blah".
And I'm saying "Yup, ok, whatever. Can you hand me the 9/16?"

Next thing I know, the women are off in Margarita Ville somewhere and I'm home alone with 4 kids....

Oh well, at least I got my boat buckles installed and now the wome oh ME one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts