Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hub surprised me by bringing the boat around. I havent been on it in FOREVER....

so I jumped on...and away we went !

about 5 mins later....

I'm like "TAKE ME BACK"!!! PLEASSSSSE !!!!

The chop is crazy

prolly not for you big butt boaters....but for our lil go fast....too windy !

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Watched the news at Noon - 30mph gusts right now. No thanks..

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Well if we dont make it to Browns, we have (several) different back up plans! I figured it was going to be pretty choppy out there, the wind at our house is pretty active. Bay is full of white caps.

·
Registered
354 Posts
the wind makes me happy, because my boat can handle it and I get to leave my buddy in his 75+mph Advantage in the dust for a change!

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Aug 21 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well if we dont make it to Browns, we have (several) different back up plans! I figured it was going to be pretty choppy out there, the wind at our house is pretty active. Bay is full of white caps.

I guessssssssss.....

we'll prolly make it tonight after all

not in the boat....def by car.

if location plans change...lemme know plz !

·
Registered
528 Posts
QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Aug 21 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well if we dont make it to Browns, we have (several) different back up plans! I figured it was going to be pretty choppy out there, the wind at our house is pretty active. Bay is full of white caps.

That's nasty. <Cleavland voice>

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
QUOTE(msu_gost8 @ Aug 21 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the wind makes me happy, because my boat can handle it and I get to leave my buddy in his 75+mph Advantage in the dust for a change!
Agreed !

As long as it's not raining I'm still in for Browns. I don't think I'll run 75 MPH but my boat is pretty stable in this stuff.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Probably not get kicked out.

Mike has a change control to do by 10:00. We will have to head back by 9:00 or so. But we can party on the dock when we get back. It won't take him too long to do and Vicki has to approve my attempt at making curtains and covering the vberth cushion. I told Vicki that she could look from a distance but she couldn't inspect up close.

I don't think we will take the time to load the cushion before we leave. I think we have to get gas. Its too breezy for me to attempt going to the gas dock by myself.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Well Brian cannot go. He got tied up at work (not literally). And we likely wont party on the docks as I have to be at the Zoo tomorrow at 7am for the Alzheimers walk.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
brian is a party pooper....
can't he "untie" himself in time ??
speaking of...what time is this going down ???
I've been napping...missed any updates

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(sleeper @ Aug 21 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You just catch a little more air in this kind of weather. Just take the jet ski out!

sleeper...I do like to ZOOOOOM! but I don't like to ZOOOOOM UP AND SMACK DOWN !

I'll leave that kinda riding up to those with younger bones

I'll take a nice semi flat water surface and tear it up with a zoooooooooooooooom in comfort ! hehe

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Aug 21 2009, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(msu_gost8 @ Aug 21 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the wind makes me happy, because my boat can handle it and I get to leave my buddy in his 75+mph Advantage in the dust for a change!
Agreed !

As long as it's not raining I'm still in for Browns. I don't think I'll run 75 MPH but my boat is pretty stable in this stuff.

It wasn't that bad out last night. I ran between 40 and 45 all the way from BC to the middle channel but then ... the biggest rollers I've ever seen in there !!! We were going with the wind so it still wasn't a bad ride but it looked impressive.

The no wake zone is kind of a joke when mother nature is providing her own three foot waves

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Aug 22 2009, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The no wake zone is kind of a joke when mother nature is providing her own three foot waves

yup and that's just how it goes !!
Good Ole Mother Nature is gonna rock your seawall no matter what

It was great to see you guys last night

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.