Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
The JobbieNooner.com webmaster has asked for some feedback on a date for J2, the second JobbieNooner.

Last year's was on September 9. The same weekend this year, would fall on September 11. Yep, 9/11.

What's your thoughts on having J2 on 9/11?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have mixed feelings about that...Labor Day Weekend would be ideal unless they are afraid too many people would be out of town...or is the following weekend too late in the season? Hmmmm...

·
Registered
191 Posts
maybe the theme could be very patriotic red white and blue and flags so that the party can go on but a respect is still paid to the family and friends that lost their lives. well thats my small input. That date just makes my heart skip a beat.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
i like the red white and blue idea

we can't shut down the country every 9/11 for eternity

the best way to show the terrorists they don't control us is to live normal lives and go on with what we would normally be doing

pay tribute with a red white and blue theme but dont let the terrorists have the upper hand

·
Registered
769 Posts
fly the flags and let the liquor flow in honor of everyone.
Like a couple of my friends in detroit say as they pour a drink on the ground. "this ones for my homies"

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ Jul 9 2004, 11:17 AM)the best way to show the terrorists they don't control us is to live normal lives and go on with what we would normally be doing
I think Goose summed it up for me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Jul 9 2004, 11:34 AM)QUOTE(Goose @ Jul 9 2004, 11:17 AM) the best way to show the terrorists they don't control us is to live normal lives and go on with what we would normally be doing
I think Goose summed it up for me.
Agreed 100%

·
Registered
71 Posts
Too many people go away for the holiday and I would not want some to miss out, 9-11 is only a date. I think we should have J2 on 9-11.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
People mark anniversary dates with certain behaviors. For most of us, 9/11 is not a day for a blow out party and won't be for quite a few years. I don't think it's a question of whether the terrorists have won. It is simply too soon after that catastrophe to plan a major frivolous event that ignores the solemnity of the day for many people. It will imply to many that you don't know, don't remember, or don't care - none of which are true, of course.

Keep in mind I don't even go to Jobbie and this is just my opinion. Those of you publicly partying on 9/11 just shouldn't be surprised if others look at your big party and wonder what you're thinking. Can't you plan it a week before or later?

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Jul 9 2004, 01:43 PM)324 views and only 16 votes???? I guess no one really cares enough to click yes or no.
I was the first to vote and I voted YES! A toast and prayer to those lost will be included in the day, as always.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I agree with Threecrabs.

My thoughts: The JNII party and the anniversary of 9/11 may fall on the same date, but they are two separate events. The people who died almost three years ago will never be forgotten, regardless of the date.

If JNII isn't held on 9/11, I'll still be out on the boat or somehow celebrating a weekend while still remembering the original 9/11 and the events that occurred. I think you can show respect for one event and celebrate another.

My .02.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Being that I am a Fire Fighter and that we, the whole country, lost so many fine men and women on that fatefull day, I think........

Hell yeah! Lets do the Red ,White and Blue thing and show our respect to everyone!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like the red, white, and blue idea too. In fact, everybody attending should be required to display the colors. Bring an extra flag for somebody who doesn't have one?

One issue i can think of is the fact that the JN parties seem to have come a long way with law enforcement. This may be a step back in that some of those officials may resent the the party being held on this date. Therefore, at a minimum - anybody responsible for potentially making any law enforcement officers deal with drunken idiotic behavior should be beaten down swiftly and severely by partygoers.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
QUOTE(freckles @ Jul 9 2004, 04:36 PM)I agree with Threecrabs.

My thoughts: The JNII party and the anniversary of 9/11 may fall on the same date, but they are two separate events. The people who died almost three years ago will never be forgotten, regardless of the date.

If JNII isn't held on 9/11, I'll still be out on the boat or somehow celebrating a weekend while still remembering the original 9/11 and the events that occurred. I think you can show respect for one event and celebrate another.

My .02.
Ditto. I am not sure if my vote counts anyway since I am not American, but it still affected us too!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts