Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lowe FM 17.5 with a 90 Yamaha on it, and it moves a little to quick for effective trolling, i am looking to get a kicker for it and have a couple question's, First to install a jack plate are the holes on the transom, or the scew allignment,pre alligned to fit the mounting holes on the jack plate, and second what would be a good size for a slow troll. any advice i give thank's...............

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ripping
I have a 18 foot crestliner, I put a 15 horse kicker on it. I think you can get away with a 8 horse or even a 9.9. For the most part I just use my trolling motor to troll. I have a 36 volt system so I guess that helps. But the 8 horse should suit you well, that's what my dad has on his 19 footer and it works great

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gofish, Thanks for the reply, 9.9 sounds about right, just somthing to slow me down.......anyone have some advice on the jack plate, i only have about 3 inch's of transom above my back deck and i know i will need one......... is it somthing i should let someone else do or would i be able to do it.........just wondering........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts