Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems every time i come on here, there is something degrading about jack's being said. while i FULLY BELIEVE eveyone is entitled to their opinion, jack's IS still a sponsor on the site.

IF you have a problem, PLEASE come to me first so i can try to rectify it with the OWNERS (not management, note) FIRST BEFORE you post it so it takes away from the negitivity, which is slowly eating away at the sponsorship. EVERY time i see something negitive about jack's on the board, i take it STRAIGHT to the owners so they can see what others are saying. while they are happy to make things better, the more negitivity posted here without letting ME or an APPROPRIATE messanger handle it doesn't make them thrilled to have 'personal' problems aired for all to see. jack's CAN and HAS taken care of any discrepencies IMMEDIATELY. do we see the kudos of that on the board in a seperate post? no.

without YOU giving ME the proper time to rectify someting, it just isn't fair. ok? fair? anyone can email me, pm me...i'll take care of it. but PLEASE STOP with the negitivity on the site. it's not fair. contact me directly. if I nor the owners come through for you, THEN go ahead...we deserve it. LSCN peeps DO get treated a little better. i apologize if the staff doesn't know who everyone is yet. but it has to be broken in, ya know?

seem fair? let me know if i'm being too involved or unfair.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Well, the Boss and I are going there Wednesday for her birthday dinner. So we aren't holding any grudges.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL! you also got a gift certificate! LOL! hard to hold a grudge with free food offered to ya! lol! happy early birthday to the boss!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ May 5 2003, 09:11 AM)LOL! you also got a gift certificate! LOL! hard to hold a grudge with free food offered to ya! lol! happy early birthday to the boss!

Yeah, that's why we're going there. She wants her Chicken Bolo (sp?). But from the sound of it, the certificate may only cover about 1/2 the bill.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mmmm, chicken bolo...no, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Jack's is one of the few places where she already knows what she wants before we walk in the door, but it takes me a while to decide. Usually its the other way around.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Had a great time there with the accessory party and the buffet hasn't changed a bit!!

Tiki bar in summer I do believe will be a blast again!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you know, i thought that, BUT everyone IS entitled to their opinions, ya know? i just would like if anything is negitive, and i can fix it, to please try to come to me, first since i can take it to the top and get it fixed with minimal hassle.

gumballs aside, btenn. lol!

what's been going on, mini? since it's a jack's thread, i can say that mike is super excited about the derby coming up...BOTH of them!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Me too! I have been harping on Doug Phillips to get with Mike, Rob or myself about another meeting date.

I will harass him again this week....

Mini

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
I don't think that they should be deleted if they are true, not hearsay or BS, or isolated incidents. I understand that they are sponsers but if there is censorship based on sponsorship then the LSCN will be doing a disservice to everyone who views it, and will become less credible. It's like the radio station 1270, they are practically owned by the teams that broadcast the games on that station and they "watch" what negative things they say about the teams, for fear of losing their sponsership. Items like prices and menu selection are facts, isolated incidents with staff may be one-time.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Deuce-Five @ May 5 2003, 09:42 AM)I don't think that they should be deleted if they are true, not hearsay or BS, or isolated incidents. I understand that they are sponsers but if there is censorship based on sponsorship then the LSCN will be doing a disservice to everyone who views it, and will become less credible. It's like the radio station 1270, they are practically owned by the teams that broadcast the games on that station and they "watch" what negative things they say about the teams, for fear of losing their sponsership. Items like prices and menu selection are facts, isolated incidents with staff may be one-time.
Being a moderator myself, I do not have the time or resources to do follow up on every story involving a site sponsor. Think of the alternative, no sponsors, so site.....

I say delete them.

Mini

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm with Mini, delete them. Went to Jacks Friday night for my wifes b-day.
Made reservations for 7:30, and we were seated at 7:30 (party of 10). Pretty good when you consider the place was packed and people were waiting to be seated. Great food, service and atmosphere.........Rico

·
Registered
487 Posts
QUOTE(Deuce-Five @ May 5 2003, 09:42 AM)I don't think that they should be deleted if they are true, not hearsay or BS, or isolated incidents. I understand that they are sponsers but if there is censorship based on sponsorship then the LSCN will be doing a disservice to everyone who views it, and will become less credible. It's like the radio station 1270, they are practically owned by the teams that broadcast the games on that station and they "watch" what negative things they say about the teams, for fear of losing their sponsership. Items like prices and menu selection are facts, isolated incidents with staff may be one-time.
I tend to agree with you deuce five but, if the intent of the LSCNers is to get correct a problem and you have an advocate in Surfergirlchick as well as the ability to improve a business that has decided to sponser and advertise this site, I say take advantage of our resources (unless of course you have no desire to ever go back there) but I'd say 99% of us when we complain about a place do so to see a level of service return to where it was, because we'd like to continue to go to that business. It's when businesses ignore your input or refuse to improve their business, that's when action should be undertaken. As I said earlier, having been a part of the service industries for many years I tend to be more lenient than others possibly, but we should take advantage of having Surfergirlchicks' relationships with sponsers and possible sponsers and let her have a chance with them first.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
We go there a couple of times a month, year round. Always great service, good chow and the best drinks around. Have nothing but good things to say about the place.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
We have always had a good time at Jacks.. We have even used the Entertainment book there.. If anyone has a problem in a restaurant just call the manager and I'm sure that they will work with you... I've sent food back at some of my favorite restaurants with no problems... Everyone have a great day... :>)

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I've had nothing but a great time there. I know the prices aren't the same as big boys but I know that going in. Not to mention that I don't think there even as high as the place next door....Beach grill.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
beach grill: $5.50 for a captain and coke.
jacks: $4.00
if i buy it: free

lol!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ May 5 2003, 12:12 PM)beach grill: $5.50 for a captain and coke.
jacks: $4.00
if i buy it: free

lol!
I wanna go there with you, but make mine a Jack @ Jack's....lol

Mini

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
for sure! he's my ba$tard of choice, too!
but today....it is jose!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts