Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Jacks after rondezvousing with some LSCNers at Metro on Saturday and find they have changed the menu and "jacked" up the prices.

No fooling, me and the wife each had a burger, shared a basket of fries, and each had two rum runners, the bill with tip was close to $70 FOR BURGERS!!!

Looks like I'm not eatin there anymore. A beer or two on the tiki bar and that's it.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
They must have just done that...
We were there last weekend and Both had Prime Rib(on Special) and feed the kids and a couple of beers all for $58

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Just one word....Outrageous!!

They must have some extremely high overhead costs to cover, unless they are anticipating all the people with money coming to buy the new condos???

We ate there once and decided never to eat there again...also felt like we were the youngest by 50 years.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
sorry moose knuckle...don't know what to say about the age thing. and NO, NOT anticipating anything with the condos. that's just ignorant to state without fact to back you up. and since you're a NEWBIE, i'll give you the benefit that you didn't notice the blinking yellow square to your right noting that they are a sponsor on the site.

duece, there is a new chef and YES i agree with you that the prices are quite stoopid now. i brought that up the last meeting i had with mike and i did get to see (unwittingly) first hand the tension between the owner and the new chef about the pricing.

i have a feeling that it will not last long. but i can assure you that i am working on at least fairer drink prices and such from that point. at least LSCN network peeps get a deal.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
So, Oscar is at it again, eh? <_<

Why the hell would he have a say in the prices??

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Although its a great envirementment as well as a sponsor. I only go there for LSCN functions. Its hard to tip when every round at the bar costs more then your phone bill. A bartender gave me slack for not tipping enough.
She didnt say nothing she just kind through my change down on the bar and 2 of my bills fell on the floor. "SuperBowl"I usually tip 5-8 bucks all at once, sometimes in the middle of the night but usually when Im leaving. The place was packed I dont know why she grew impatiant with me. I know you have ties with Jacks but if some Peeps have problems with Jacks prices and services you shouldnt take it personal or consider it a attack on you.

WE ALL LOVE OUR CK AND VERY MUCH APPRECIATE THE PARTYS AND SPECIAL EVENTS YOU ARRANGE FOR US.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i DON'T take it personal. and i don't always agree with everything from prices to staff, either,that goes on there.

but if someone comes on here and starts posting bad stuff, i still feel it's my position to say something to quell any negitivity that may stop people from coming in. word of mouth is the best advertising, and if the word isn't good, i wouldn't be doing my job if i don't offer any alternatives to make it better, ya know?

i don't know what to tell you about the way the server treated you, cbj. maybe she was having a bad day, was frustrated about being understaffed, or did you poop on her bar?
hee hee

great, i have a zit inside my nose. grrr.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
The last time I was at Jack`s I was not to happy either
The dam gumball machine got my quater
CKLW I know your here to help so please take this up at the next meeting.Also they got got the best artachok dip in the world!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(CBJ @ May 5 2003, 09:13 AM)Those ZITS are the worst kind.
No, I've got one in my ear. Those are even worse.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
um, btenn...i'll let you tend to your own balls...gumballs. lmao!

yeah,i touched my nose to rub it and OW! inside is a zit. never had one in my ear,tho.

cbj,for the longest time when you said tracker,i thought you meant the car! lol. my brother named his cat 'tracker' in 1992 after his car, since he had a tracker. lol!

·
12,052 Posts
OK CKLW (lmfao had to steal that one) Why is it when I pulled up there last year in August to eat and drink the dock hand wanted $2. a foot for me to tie up there? $80. to tie up to go in and buy food and drinks? Needless to say I shoved off and spent my money at the Beach Grille.

Now that doesn't mean at all that I don't like Jack's....I go there all the time. I haven't missed a LSCN function there yet. It was just a question about the docking thing and do they still do that?

·
Registered
670 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ May 5 2003, 05:59 PM)OK CKLW (lmfao had to steal that one) Why is it when I pulled up there last year in August to eat and drink the dock hand wanted $2. a foot for me to tie up there? $80. to tie up to go in and buy fffood and drinks? Needless to say I shoved off and spent my money at the Beach Grille.
God Bless 'em if they can get away with it; I'm all about capitalism. $

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ May 5 2003, 05:59 PM)OK CKLW (lmfao had to steal that one) Why is it when I pulled up there last year in August to eat and drink the dock hand wanted $2. a foot for me to tie up there? $80. to tie up to go in and buy fffood and drinks? Needless to say I shoved off and spent my money at the Beach Grille.
Ham, with your kinda $$$$
'i would expect you to give him a $20 tip, and buy him a drink .

no really, a charge to tie up ? was there a special function going on ?

Beach Grille will never see me, last time i went there, they were charging $20 cover ! for a saturday night !
sorry, but that is ridiculous !

Jack's and Tin Fish will get my water time buisness....
they are great places.

·
12,052 Posts
Boaters don't pay cover
just walk in the back door

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ May 5 2003, 06:30 PM)Boaters don't pay cover
just walk in the back door

i was at a house party with p29, hollywood, baja dan, and some other's right down the street, we went to waves instead, had a riot there !

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ May 5 2003, 06:59 PM)OK CKLW (lmfao had to steal that one) Why is it when I pulled up there last year in August to eat and drink the dock hand wanted $2. a foot for me to tie up there? $80. to tie up to go in and buy fffood and drinks? Needless to say I shoved off and spent my money at the Beach Grille.

Now that doesn't mean at all that I don't like Jack's....I go there all the time. I haven't missed a LSCN function there yet. It was just a question about the docking thing and do they still do that?
Next time that you want to go there (or anyone else) if you can get a hold of me your more than welcome to tie off in front of my boat.My well is across the road from the curtisy wells.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
We went to Jack's for dinner tonight and were both very disappointed with the new menu. It was about half as big as it used to be, and all the good stuff was gone. Hardly any chicken or beef selections. Boss was very upset that her Chicken Bullo (sp?) was GONE!!

It took us about 20 minutes, not to decide on, but to settle for what we both wanted to eat. And we weren't too impressed with either plate. Also, the average dinner was about $2.00 more that they used to be.

I'm afraid Jack's is committing menu suicide.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Mahn Grayvee @ May 7 2003, 08:31 PM)i heard their jumbo shrimp price even went up
I had a shrimp pasta with 4 HUGE shrimp that looked like lobster tails. They were pretty tough and chewy.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts