Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what has happened to jb,security gates,outrageous prices,no more bubbling?what is this new guy doing?i understand that it needed a little cleaning up but damn hes out of control.theyre losing customers that have been there for 20+years to emerald city due to his new policies and prices.ive been there for 5 years now and not returning especially after being ripped off last year for 3k in electronics and mr.post said (thats not my problem)
as a matter of fact i think that everyone who may be unhappy should give the sterling group a call and let them know whats going on.im sure that theyre unaware of all of this.theyre located inside the guardian bldg.in detroit and theyre number is 313-963-1212.sorry everyone ive been wanting to vent about this for some time now,thanks

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Hmmm.. I'm not sure what you're talking about. I've been there for many years, and I can see some very postive changes that have happened over the last two. The gas dock is now from this century, the restrooms in both the main building and the ones at the gas dock have been redone and no longer look like they're out of a backroads truckstop. I like the enhancements in security but think they still have some policy to clean up on them. The dock repairs and decks they have installed have been a nice improvment (although I guess some people have been taking advantage of them to the detriment of others)

I didn't realize they didn't bubble anymore.. not sure why. I've never used it but it seems like I've always seen boats bubbled there.

I like the new hydraulic trailer they're using to winter store the boats... they can set the out without the beams and cinder blocks and my boat is now reachable without a ladder (although that could be more of a security risk!)

The help has been great there this year. While I don't spend a lot of time in the marina office, I have been impressed that they remember me and my name. When I damaged my prop and shaft this year, the repair was expensive, but probably would have been anywhere. They were very accomodating with me doing as much of the work as possible to keep the cost within reason.

Relative to what I've been paying for 18 years on this boat (not all at JBM), the slip and inside storage haven't changed all that much and I thought were reasonable.. but maybe I should shop around to check.

Am I really missing something big??

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I dont really understand either. I was there for the past 3 seasons and I thought it was nice to finally see the improvements that were long overdue. Sure the prices are going up, but they were so low to begin with. And I don't think they are losing customers to Emerald, because the same well that was $900-1,000 at JBM is $1,500+ at Emerald.

The boat we bought at the end of the season was at Emerald in the lagoon out by the lake. That part was full, but further inland there were a LOT of empty spots. I think these marinas are losing people to the North end of the lake. In fact, that is where we are going for next season.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Who says you can't bubble? All they said this year is no winter liveaboards- big differerence! There are plenty of bubbled wells covered on E-road. So the way I read your post you DIDN'T like the new security gates??? I thought I then read that you had been ripped off in the past so are you FOR or AGAINST Security there? And to call the JBM upgrades "a little cleaning up".....

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Michigan Harbor right next door has boats bubbled and excellent gated security. It's old but it is secure. They also have security guards patrolling at night along with cameras.

They have relatively new huge heated storage buildings (115,000 sq ft) and secure gated outside storage.

Plus Angie in the front office is a very nice person.

Matt

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I've been very happy with JBM. 2nd year inside/heated and the prices are great.
The security (in my opinion) is very good, as are the upgrades.

The people are great to deal with, I have been very happy at JBM.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I've known Semo Post for at least 10 years or more.. He was the manager of Harbor Hill Marina before going to JBM.. To me Semo is one of the most upstanding guys I've ever had the pleasure to meet.. He was always willing to work with anyone as long as they didn't try to screw him or the marina over. The wife and I spent a week at JBM last summer and we enjoyed our stay there very much.. I can remember JBM as a kid because I grew up in SCS's and the improvements made this last season plus what he has planned for the future look and sound great. I was even planning on moving to JBM next year but due to other things going on in my life we decided to move to Keans Marina instead. JBM marina is on our short list as a future home for our boat when and if we ever decide to leave Keans.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts