Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the deal with the DNR laucn on Jefferson across from Eddies Drive-IN? I tried to lauch both sat and sun and they told me it was a 1-2 hr wait when I could plainly see available parking spots not to mention the guy working sat was very rude to me! I then tried Sun morning and they had the gate blocked with a vehicle and a lady who said go to Metro or SR Road??

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
I have no idea.....perhaps the wind has caused some more silting and it is too shallow to launch....I am planning on being there in about 30 minutes to fish with CBJ.....

I will post later tonight.

Mini

·
Registered
30 Posts
The last two weeks that lanch has closed about 7:00 AM. I had to wait about 25 minutes at 6:00 AM. I also had to wait about 25 minutes to get out both times. One of the docks are closed. Only three lanch spots are available. On Sunday a DNR worker tried to organize it, but she only made it worse. That third dock was suppose to be in 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i launched from it sun morning @ 6 am

launch fills fast

plus they had a bass tourny out of it this weekend

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I launched at 5:30 am Sunday--no problem. Bass tourney boats were lined up to launch at 6 am. When i came in at 11:30 she had 2 ramps for launching and one for retrieving. There were about 7 boats waiting to launch and 4 boat coming in.

It would go a lot faster if people were prepared ahead of time and learn how to back up a trailor and put a boat back on. It takes me less than 3 min. from the time I back the trailor up to the dock to load or unload. Many people are just unorganized or just plain stupid or both.

·
Registered
927 Posts
the 2 dnr people were both idiots. they took a sticky situation and basically made it worse. nothing like yelling and screaming at people and then expecting results. the guy was one of the rudest people i have ever met. even the old timer in the morning was being rude, he interupted our pre tourney meeting like 5 times with little comments about how we need to get moving, lets go, and he was mumbling something about damn bass fisherman too.

the way i see it, they had 2 people supervising the launch, all they had to do was organize. things would have went a lot smoother. that was the worst launch experience i have ever had.

madman himself

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
This is exactly why we all need to be on our best behavior, because we represent all bass fisherpeople in the eyes of the general public.

Did anyone happen to offer any help, or move the meeting to the water? If you get in your boats and do the meeting on the water (you have to get in them anyway and it was flat enough that day) you would help alleviate the congestion and the DNR employees would have a different outlook at bass fishing tournaments, if at least for a day.

Mini

BTW we launched there yeaterday without a problem, the thrid dock is still out of the water.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is that launch always busy in the evening even during the week or is it just that the fishing has been good close to that launch?

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Wasnt busy at all last night.

Both launches (Harley Ensign @ Clinton River mouth and the Ballard Street launch) were full last weekend.

Mini

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have never had a good experience at this launch. Granted we should all be prepared, but weather and boat size should also have some consideration. Help instead of making a bad situation worse.

·
Registered
927 Posts
john,

thats something i have never even considered. i will be sure to suggest a meeting on the water next tournament.
this is why you are the man!

madman himself

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
No not the man....

Just a few soutions to keep everyone happy. Try the meeeting on the water. If you have less than 20 boats I dont see a prob.

Mini

1 - 15 of 15 Posts