Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basstek and I were out on Thursday 9/3 fishing for SM, it was a nice day with good weather. One of the nice things about the day was, where we were there was no boats for miles around. About 3pm these two jerks in a Crestliner not only come straight to us but them they circle around my boat twice, within 20 yards encircling us with their wake. Then they stop, take a piss into the water and start fishing.

We decided to go elsewhere, so I idled up to them and asked if I was to close to them. Their reply was "Doesn't bother us", that's when I hit the throttle on the Opti-Max and left them rock & rolling. A few minutes later they left their "hot spot" and went by us, this time they gave us a good distance.

Basstek said it best "YOU CAN FIX STUPID"

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Some people just have no respect.

·
Registered
958 Posts
That's why you need big 16 oz sinkers & pounder bulldawgs without hooks. It's amazing how quickly they change their tune when gel coat gets cracked or they think they're about to get hooked.

While it doesn't fix stupid it sure does keep it away!

·
Registered
183 Posts
QUOTE(Shagnasty @ Sep 4 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think I need to add a sling shot and steel balls to my takle box. I'd use 8 oz sinkers but I dont want to add any lead to the lake when thy bounce off their hull.

I like where you are going with this. If i could only mount one of these bad boys on my boat.

·
Registered
363 Posts
QUOTE(joemama @ Sep 5 2009, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Shagnasty @ Sep 4 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think I need to add a sling shot and steel balls to my takle box. I'd use 8 oz sinkers but I dont want to add any lead to the lake when thy bounce off their hull.

I like where you are going with this. If i could only mount one of these bad boys on my boat.

That vortex cannon rocks! I want one so bad~

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Man ******** will do anything. LOL that was one funny video. a bunch of drunk ******** and gunpowder no wonder our rights are being stripped from us.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Grapes @ Sep 6 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you make something idiot proof, they will always make a better idiot.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Similar situation with me today. Got the family out fishing the mile roads, anchored mind you. This JACK a$$ in a Fountain buzzes us by less than 25 yards probably scootin 50 + without a boat with 100 plus yards on either side to fly past us. I'm certain it was intentional.

All I could thinks about was this post and knockin a hole in his gel coat . Just don't understand what motivates some of these guys. Share and share a like but sometimes it's so uncalled for.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I had the same thing on LSC Sunday...This guy in a tuna boat goes rolling past me within casting distance...He was throwing out 4 ft wakes as he went blasting by....There wasn't another boat within 2 miles of us either way...These bozos do it on purpose no doubt...I went back to the ramp and Powerloaded...That will show em...LOL..J/K

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Actually had about 4 boats do that to me and a friend last week, last one was a sailboat - not a wake issue, but damn was he close! We were fishing the same spot (within 10 yards either way) and watched him coming towards us for like ten minutes. He just kept coming, passed within 20 yards or so and looked at us like we were a-holes?! My friend almost scored a sweet gelcoat scratch with a big 'ol trebled crank, but actually got a backlash right before the point of impact. The sailor dude jumps up and looks at us again, omg I was biting my lip something awful - and of course, no other boats for 1/2 mile. WTF? And that was after 2 pretty big cruisers flew by so close I could tell what radio station they had on and we were rockin in their wake - again, no other boats anywhere near us. It is a big enough lake, I will never understand that - I keep a nice wide berth when I'm on plane.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
if anyone ever circles my boat i will launch my flares at them i consider that putting my life in danger i will protect it as for the driving to close i usually just let it go as a drunk dumba$$

·
Registered
526 Posts
We need a hall of shame start snappin pics.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.