Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went fishing yesterday by the old Jigger's bar. Was in 6 feet of water, could see bottem the water was only a little fuzzy. Had the holes drilled by 1:45 and had a school of them come almost instantly. Action only lasted a half an hour, they shut off at 2:15 2:20. Because the wind was so bad, we didnt want to move so we stuck it out. Didnt even see a fish until a 30"+ pike came through and attacked my jig with a minnow attached. Scared me half to death lol, that was arould 3:45. Stayed until dark and just as it was getting dark fish started to come back. Finished with 19 keepers, 7-10 inches. Tight lines all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE(tai @ Jan 29 2010, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Went fishing yesterday by the old Jigger's bar. Was in 6 feet of water, could see bottem the water was only a little fuzzy. Had the holes drilled by 1:45 and had a school of them come almost instantly. Action only lasted a half an hour, they shut off at 2:15 2:20. Because the wind was so bad, we didnt want to move so we stuck it out. Didnt even see a fish until a 30"+ pike came through and attacked my jig with a minnow attached. Scared me half to death lol, that was arould 3:45. Stayed until dark and just as it was getting dark fish started to come back. Finished with 19 keepers, 7-10 inches. Tight lines all.

where is jiggers? never heard of it

·
Registered
68 Posts
QUOTE(ronny @ Jan 29 2010, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(tai @ Jan 29 2010, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Went fishing yesterday by the old Jigger's bar. Was in 6 feet of water, could see bottem the water was only a little fuzzy. Had the holes drilled by 1:45 and had a school of them come almost instantly. Action only lasted a half an hour, they shut off at 2:15 2:20. Because the wind was so bad, we didnt want to move so we stuck it out. Didnt even see a fish until a 30"+ pike came through and attacked my jig with a minnow attached. Scared me half to death lol, that was arould 3:45. Stayed until dark and just as it was getting dark fish started to come back. Finished with 19 keepers, 7-10 inches. Tight lines all.

where is jiggers? never heard of it

jiggers is south side of fairhaven and north of anchorville and it was a bar!it Is off of m_29

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey wolf, it is to the right of the dnr launch, correct? That would bee looking at the water. And had no idea that it went to 6fow over there.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Funny how a grown man roughly averages 5'10" and 200 lbs. Can be standing on 5-8" of ice and have all kinds of fishing gear and a little pike doing what little pikes do best can turn him into a screaming little girl. I too have fallen victim to the terror created by an attacking pike. I watched as a pike hit my line on camera one time and actually jumped when he hit. Amazing

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(FEED n FRENZY @ Jan 29 2010, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Tai... How much ice were you on? Were there any quads out? thanks in advance....

Sorry it took so long about 6 inches of ice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.