Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a lot of articles that talk about fishing for bass with jigging spoons. I don't even own a jigging spoon. I've been thinking about picking up a few for the upcoming season to do a little experimenting. I would really appreciate some input to the following questions:

Do they work on St. Clair or Erie? I was planing on trying them later in the morning on Erie when the fish suspend in deeper water off the reefs.

What weight would you suggest? I was thinking 1/2 to 3/4oz.

What is the shallowest you can fish a jigging spoon? I was going to try them in 25 to 30ft of water.

Any help would be great!

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. KEEP IT COMING!

How does the hit feel or do you even feel it? Or is it one of those instinct things where it feels different and you see the line go a little slack?

Is the 1/2 and 3/4oz okay? Do you recommend a certain type of spoon or manufacturer?

I'll tell you what! Once again, Thank You Mini. This forum is excellent! It's filled with great information and great people.

It sure helps get us through the winter.

Thanks Again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.