Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The How Did You? thread got me thinking about the emergency lane issue from last year. Anyone think we should do that again? If we don't , will that just give the Sherrif the reason he is looking for to shut it down?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Why screw with success. It worked well and was appreciated by the Sherrifs dept. It ain't broke don't fix it

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(tsunamihart @ May 23 2003, 12:34 PM)Why screw with success. It worked well and was appreciated by the Sherrifs dept. It ain't broke don't fix it
It worked well & was appreciated, but WE did it. The LSCN peeps. Someone has to do it....or do they? If we don't do it , will they threaten to shut it down again?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I always say, why give them a reason. If I remember correctly there was some "good" press on it. Ghandi management

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Eagle1 @ May 23 2003, 01:34 PM)its not that big of a deal it has to happen
there was a few of us that helped with it for j2 in the fall.
Thanks Eagle1. I was thinking the same thing, we DO need to make it happen. It wasnt a big deal & we had fun. Are you in ?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mrs Sunbum, I was wondering about that too. Should we try and get it set up again? This time, I'll have someone else bring the supplies (just in case my carb gives out on me!) and I'll meet everyone to set up.

Will this be our responsibility? If so, are there any thoughts on what we did last time? Did the punch balls work? I liked the banner. Who will patrol this for us? Can the sheriff help us again?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
MrsSunbum,

I can help if ya need me. I am usually there for the spring one and I never drink anyway for that party. I'd be happy to help patrol it. I may even be able to borrow a jetski to do it with. I'll let you know. Oh, and yes, there will need to be a lane kept open. Whether its only LCSN peeps making it happen,or whether there is other help, there still needs to be a lane.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
QUOTE(MrsSunbum @ May 23 2003, 02:39 PM)QUOTE(Eagle1 @ May 23 2003, 01:34 PM) its not that big of a deal it has to happen
there was a few of us that helped with it for j2 in the fall.
Thanks Eagle1. I was thinking the same thing, we DO need to make it happen. It wasnt a big deal & we had fun. Are you in ?
can you get me there? LOL
i dont mind .... plan is for thursday night?

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I think it is a good idea for there to be a lane open. I really have little other than that to comment, but I didn't want to let the Sunbums down.

G

·
The lane is and was a great idea. Sherriff Hackel and several from his marine division came and talked at the Mt. Clemens Power Squadron meeting on Tuesday. Of course Jobbienooner came up, actually he was the one who mentioned it first, and he said he has no interest in shutting it down. He's a boater (and jet skier) that believes that people go out on the lake to have fun and relax, not to be hassled by the man. He just wants it to be safe. I think that a safety lane will go a long way in keeping the peace between the party and the police.

·
Registered
162 Posts
let's make it happen again. Does anyone have any suggestions to improve what we did last year? If so, I hope you are willing to help!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone.
Eagle1 , you can go out there with us Thursday night. We live on Harsens Island, just a short trip to Gull. We can work out the deatails.
Carrara, you are so awesome. We still have the banner from the last one, and the orange helipad. And the PVC pipe. (that worked great) The bunch balls & balloons didn't last very long. I will call the sheriff, see if we can get more of that police tape.
Instead of baloons or punch ball, how about those foam balls, like they use to mark crab traps? Wish we would have thought about it in Fl, could have prob gotten tons of them.
Any ideas other ideas for markers?
Spider, thank you, if we all take turns patroling, no one has to spend the whole time being "lane police".
Hazy, thank you!

We are LSCN. We ROCK!!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Am I that only confused 1 here. I don't get it. Were you asking for an emergency lane? There was 1 and the cops made us untie to form a lane.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
QUOTE(Kat @ Jun 26 2007, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Am I that only confused 1 here. I don't get it. Were you asking for an emergency lane? There was 1 and the cops made us untie to form a lane.
theres an article that says the cleave had one he paid to have "put in and monitored"... which some of us know is BS.
if memory serves me correct, Rerun started this

·
Registered
954 Posts
I can tell you that rerun, the P29's and Sunbums were there the night in question as I met them when I brought the tape with deputy coach. This was the first time I met them and we had a nice conversation while I was there and they did a great job putting in the lane and a Helio pad that was requested. The only thing I disagree with is the Sheriff department does not control Gull it is Clay Twp who is supposed to control the island and we do the waters around it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts