Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine heard a commercial for Jobbie Nooner on 89X over the weekend. Did anyone else?

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Hey Lola!

I think that commercial was promoting the party at Wild Woody's last Saturday. I'm not sure if they'll be doing more radio spots to promote the actual JN party though.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I hate the fact that there is any advertising for it. There are enough people who will be at gull island that day, and we don't need any more non-boaters trying to get out to an island party to trash the island, get wasted etc.
my .02

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
QUOTE(BoatChic @ Jun 21 2004, 10:15 AM)I hate the fact that there is any advertising for it. There are enough people who will be at gull island that day, and we don't need any more non-boaters trying to get out to an island party to trash the island, get wasted etc.
my .02
word

just more sausage for the fest

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Got a question for you. I was thinking about heading out after work (4:30-5ish) Friday. Is there much going on by that time or is everything pretty much beaten down? I heard that people started becoming real jerks towards the end of the day, is that true?

·
Registered
380 Posts
You will have a TOUGH time getting anywhere close to Gull that late in the day. It won't be died down at all.... that party kicks till the sun goes down. You just have to watch yourself because mostly everyone will be very drunk and somewhat disorderly.

Here is a pic just to give you an idea of how many boats....

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I'm not sure I'd bother to come out at 5pm....by that time it's a whole lot of really drunk losers. Skip work and do it right or don't do it at all is my advice.

G

·
You can have our spot then, because we usually leave between 5 and 6. Listen to Rerun and Kezzer though and look closely at the pic. Every raft will generally have an anchor out every 2 or 3 boats, off the front and back, and there's a lot of people in the water getting from the boats to the island and back. Once we're there we have a great time, but getting there and getting out is huge pain. It's like navigating a big maze and it's a whole lot worse if the wind is blowing.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(makowish @ Jun 21 2004, 11:48 AM)Hi Everyone,
Got a question for you. I was thinking about heading out after work (4:30-5ish) Friday. Is there much going on by that time or is everything pretty much beaten down? I heard that people started becoming real jerks towards the end of the day, is that true?
MY suggestion would be to just meet us at Brown's! That's about the time we all start heading over that way, anyway!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Jun 21 2004, 12:13 PM)MY suggestion would be to just meet us at Brown's! That's about the time we all start heading over that way, anyway!
what he said.....

·
Registered
530 Posts
MAKOWISH in my experiences if you're not there by 1100 at the very latest it too crowded to get even remotely close to the island.

on the topic I think jn has plenty enough publicity. to do a comercial on it is outragous. the island's smaller this year and it going to be waaaaaaaaaaay to crowded already. still I can't wait

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(BoatChic @ Jun 21 2004, 11:15 AM)I hate the fact that there is any advertising for it. There are enough people who will be at gull island that day, and we don't need any more non-boaters trying to get out to an island party to trash the island, get wasted etc.
my .02
amen, sister.
people ask if they should send out girls with flyers to the island and my immediate answer is "and where do you think a girl in a bikini is going to stick a flyer you just handed her?" ends up on the ground, in the water, in the sand...

no need for commercials. to promote the jn.com site=cool.
to promote the event=no need.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i'm still looking for someone who is going to browns after work on friday, to meet up with all the JN party goers.

if anyone is leaving around 5:30 PM, i'd like to go!

it's either browns, if i can find a boat ride, or a social thingy in novi.

·
Registered
455 Posts
QUOTE(BoatChic @ Jun 21 2004, 10:15 AM)I hate the fact that there is any advertising for it. There are enough people who will be at gull island that day, and we don't need any more non-boaters trying to get out to an island party to trash the island, get wasted etc.
my .02
Couldn't agree with you more!!!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ Jun 21 2004, 11:21 AM)QUOTE(BoatChic @ Jun 21 2004, 10:15 AM) I hate the fact that there is any advertising for it. There are enough people who will be at gull island that day, and we don't need any more non-boaters trying to get out to an island party to trash the island, get wasted etc.
my .02
word

just more sausage for the fest

Right Goose, amatuers too.

I USED to go to JN, and then to JNII. Now those are the 2 days that I DO NOT go to Gull. They are now non-boater sausage festivals once called Jobbie Nooner I & II

1 - 17 of 17 Posts