Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out bright and early with Sirfishalot this mornin. (forgot which launch lol...it was early)

Tried anchor bay (I think) between 8 and 12 foot of water searching for isolated weedbeds. Had some follows but very slow with only one 14" smallmouth to show for 2 hours effort.

Tim decided to head to a seawall that had produced well for him in the past and we started nailing largemouth. Mine were landed on Yamamoto Ika's and Tims were on a small popper.
We lost track of the number of bass after a couple hours with at least 30 or so landed. Most were small but Tim got the larger bass on his topwater.
Here is a Nice 3lber (remember Tim is a tall guy)

and here is the second largest of the day

fun day to be on the water.

Tight Lines!
-Brian

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
2,212 Posts
We started out fishing the area between Harley and Metro, we launched from Harley, where brian caught the smallmouth and I had 2 strikes on a buzz bait then nothing. The water there was dirty if it was a little clearer we probably would have done better in that area. A lot of grass shallow that would make it a great spring time area but not much structure out beyond 10fow. After fishing there a while with no more luck we moved out to the bay between Mac and Rays and the salt and thats where Brians post takes off from. Water temp was 65 to 68 out in the bay and 70 near the seawall.

·
Registered
735 Posts
QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jul 1 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are you still on vacation? Man, some guys never work lol. Great job on the Largemouth!

lol nope. Wednesday is one of my busiest work days. (sooo busy I am posting here
)
I work from 12ish to 10 though. So that leaves the mornin for fishing! =)

G

·
BASSTEK,which guy are you asking about bassnbrian or Sirfishalot.I think Sirfishalot lives up to his lscn name.As many times I have read his posts this season and seen his great pictures,I think he must be retired.Only kidding You Tim, I guess I must be a little envious.I have a brand new boat,but working to much to enjoy it.Got some vaction time coming so I will see what I can do about getting out on the water.By the the way Tim are you still satisfied with your winch,I ordered one from Cabelas.I like you have a bad back and knee problems that has left me handicapped.So I think this will be a great addition to the boat and will not have to be relying on anybody to get on the lake.

Bob620

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
2,212 Posts
QUOTE(bob690 @ Jul 3 2009, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>BASSTEK,which guy are you asking about bassnbrian or Sirfishalot.I think Sirfishalot lives up to his lscn name.As many times I have read his posts this season and seen his great pictures,I think he must be retired.Only kidding You Tim, I guess I must be a little envious.I have a brand new boat,but working to much to enjoy it.Got some vaction time coming so I will see what I can do about getting out on the water.By the the way Tim are you still satisfied with your winch,I ordered one from Cabelas.I like you have a bad back and knee problems that has left me handicapped.So I think this will be a great addition to the boat and will not have to be relying on anybody to get on the lake.

Bob620

I love the winch just wish I had done it long ago. Not retired, I'm a stay at home dad which allows me a lot of fishing time. I'll slow down now that suumer is here and pick it back up in the fall. I'll start chasing musky's more now. If you ever want some company fishing let me know, your boat or mine it does not matter to me. Good luck fishing on your vacation

G

·
Tim,thanks for the reply.It would be a pleasure to go out fishing with you.I remember reading on here where you got a book on musky fishing,I have quite a few musky books that I would be willing to let you read or study.Let me know I am in sterling hts.

Bob 620

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Topwater action, cool! Thought it was too late in the year for that. Looks like a gret time you had there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts