Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK fellas, the gig is up, your are right the jumboa are biting and we found them. 27 caught saturday.
Between 10 and 12 inches. Very wide. Never seen such big fish in the Lake. Yellow bellys 20 more
under 10". But still keepers. Had a blast. Marked our Gps.
Went back sunday and got 18 more between 10" and 12"
Came home with 35. Threw 30 back. Seagulls loved it . We were a mile west of bouy
28 in 18' of water. This is when it get interesting fellas. Find tall weeds. Get on the edge. Your depth
sounder will show flat bottom. Get your minnows down there with snelled hooks with spinners and beads,
all silver. Get Big minnows and cut them in 1/2. The big guys love em. Heads or tails you win.
Crazy Mary.

P.S. we are off to Lake Simco next.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nice report

good luck at simcoe

QUOTE(crazymary @ Sep 16 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>OK fellas, the gig is up, your are right the jumboa are biting and we found them. 27 caught saturday.
Between 10 and 12 inches. Very wide. Never seen such big fish in the Lake. Yellow bellys 20 more
Came home with 35. Threw 30 back. Seagulls loved it . We were a mile west of bouy
28 in 18' of water. This is when it get interesting fellas. Find tall weeds. Get on the edge. Your depth
sounder will show flat bottom. Get your minnows down there with snelled hooks with spinners and beads,
all silver. Get Big minnows and cut them in 1/2. The big guys love em. Heads or tails you win.
Crazy Mary.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Great report (thank you). I fished a little north of there Monday. Didn't pick up any (but I didn't find the weeds, either). So I trolled just west of #27 (just outsde the folks perchin') and picked up one 17" walleye that slammed my crawler harness (red/black "tiger" pattern).

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Great to hear LSC has perch
LOL
Hope it's the start of a great Fall season

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
QUOTE(crazymary @ Sep 16 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>OK fellas, the gig is up, your are right the jumboa are biting and we found them. 27 caught saturday.
Crazy Mary.

great job on the fish...........good luck at Simcoe
im headed there Oct. 9-12 for the second yr in a row........cant wait

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,227 Posts
QUOTE(crazymary @ Sep 16 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Came home with 35. Threw 30 back. Seagulls loved it .

I'm not a perch fisherman, so maybe I'm not understanding this correctly.....

You took home 35 and threw back 30 dead ones in the water for the seagulls to eat???

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
QUOTE(NINJA @ Sep 18 2009, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(crazymary @ Sep 16 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Came home with 35. Threw 30 back. Seagulls loved it .

I'm not a perch fisherman, so maybe I'm not understanding this correctly.....

You took home 35 and threw back 30 dead ones in the water for the seagulls to eat???

I was wondering the same thing...

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
My dad used to do that, and it always ticked me off. I couldn't get him to understand that he was killing the future fish. He didn't like catching the little ones, he just didn't seem to understand. Personally, if I don't plan to eat it, it'll be released live and well. Except of course gobies and lamphry.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
When fishing for perch with minnows and they are really biting, you end up with a lot of dead minnows floating around you. A minnow or a half minnnow isn't good for more than one hit when they are really aggressively biting. I don't think Mary was throwing injured perch back into the lake to feed the gulls.

Jim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.