Launch: Crocker

Area fished: Mermorial Park

Depth: 10ft out to 14ft

Water temp. 65 degrees

Water clarity: Stained to muddy near shore clear out in deeper water

Wind: 10 to 15mph subsiding to around 8 -10mph by 10:30am

Weather: Cloudy with periods of rain

Waves: 1 to 3+ft

Fish caught: I caught 5 smallmouth, 1 sheephead, and 1 rock bass. Bassnbrian caught 1 smallmouth but lost about 5 at boat.

Lures that produced: berkley gulp minnow, strike King red eye shad in sexy shad color.

Bassnbrian and I have not had a good weather day if fishing yet. Every time we plan to fish it's either raining, cloudy, windy, or a combination of all 3. I'm beginning to think he's like eeyore from winnie the pooh

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
great report Sir...even though you guys didnt have the best of weather, you still got into some fish. Better thank catchin a skunk thats f'sure! Way to go bro

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 17 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry to hear about a crappy trip, but that pic just cracked me up.
Thanks for the laugh Tim, I needed one today

The weather was crappy but the smallmouth were fun I would do it again weather and all. Glad I could put a smile on your face

·
Registered
735 Posts
QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Jun 18 2009, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 17 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry to hear about a crappy trip, but that pic just cracked me up.
Thanks for the laugh Tim, I needed one today

The weather was crappy but the smallmouth were fun I would do it again weather and all. Glad I could put a smile on your face

lol just saw this now =)
So true!
I have had good weather at times heading out in my yak...but never with you =(...Today wasnt bad though =)!

Though Ive only been in Michigan for a year and a couple months, this year's weather has seemed strange to me. Out of this whole season I have only had 2 days to hit my favorite kayak spot from alter....very strange weather indeed.

thanks for taking us out today Tim! always a blast!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts