Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry this is not a detailed report but an overview of todays events. We started around 7am and left at 3:30pm. Brians wife was in the boat so we evaded murphys law and actually had some sun today. We fished along the mile roads in 10 to 12 fow and caught around 15 bass + or - a few I lost track. Brians wife Dawn lost about 5 at the boat before finally putting 2 or 3 in the boat. Brian and I lost some nice ones at the boat also if we could have boated all the ones we lost we would have had a great day. I think Brian tried to make sure his wife did not catch the first fish. The first one she hooked the knot came loose and she lost it the next time he had the reel drag set to loose she lost one then the pole he gave her was to light and she lost one. Doesn't that sound like sabbatoge?
It was a lot of fun today and I enjoyed Brians and Dawns company they are really good people and I can't wait to do it again. Thanks for towing my boat with your truck today Brian next time I'll remember to bring the power cord to the electric winch
Yeah we had to load the boat with out a winch thank god I keep a tool box in the boat I was able to turn the winch with a ratchet and socket so it all worked out in the end. I left the winch accessories in my SUV that my wife had for the day.

Brian has some pictures if he wants to post them.

·
Registered
735 Posts
QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Jun 20 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry this is not a detailed report but an overview of todays events. We started around 7am and left at 3:30pm. Brians wife was in the boat so we evaded murphys law and actually had some sun today. We fished along the mile roads in 10 to 12 fow and caught around 15 bass + or - a few I lost track. Brians wife Dawn lost about 5 at the boat before finally putting 2 or 3 in the boat. Brian and I lost some nice ones at the boat also if we could have boated all the ones we lost we would have had a great day. I think Brian tried to make sure his wife did not catch the first fish. The first one she hooked the knot came loose and she lost it the next time he had the reel drag set to loose she lost one then the pole he gave her was to light and she lost one. Doesn't that sound like sabbatoge?
It was a lot of fun today and I enjoyed Brians and Dawns company they are really good people and I can't wait to do it again. Thanks for towing my boat with your truck today Brian next time I'll remember to bring the power cord to the electric winch
Yeah we had to load the boat with out a winch thank god I keep a tool box in the boat I was able to turn the winch with a ratchet and socket so it all worked out in the end. I left the winch accessories in my SUV that my wife had for the day.

lol unintentional sabotage at best ! =)
I'm guessing we did alot better than 15 =) wouldnt be surprised at double that. Alot were smallish though =(

Phone died on me ... I will post pics as soon as its charged

·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(bassnbrian @ Jun 20 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Jun 20 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry this is not a detailed report but an overview of todays events. We started around 7am and left at 3:30pm. Brians wife was in the boat so we evaded murphys law and actually had some sun today. We fished along the mile roads in 10 to 12 fow and caught around 15 bass + or - a few I lost track. Brians wife Dawn lost about 5 at the boat before finally putting 2 or 3 in the boat. Brian and I lost some nice ones at the boat also if we could have boated all the ones we lost we would have had a great day. I think Brian tried to make sure his wife did not catch the first fish. The first one she hooked the knot came loose and she lost it the next time he had the reel drag set to loose she lost one then the pole he gave her was to light and she lost one. Doesn't that sound like sabbatoge?

lol unintentional sabotage at best ! =)
I'm guessing we did alot better than 15 =) wouldnt be surprised at double that. Alot were smallish though =(

Phone died on me ... I will post pics as soon as its charged

yeah your right it was more than 15 fish caught we went through 2 dozen minnows we got from Jimmys which was probably more like almost 3 dozen and the fish you caught on gulp minnows. I was having to much fun to keep count.

·
Registered
735 Posts
stopped by gander afterwards got some things for the trailer...but just couldnt bring myself to buy another bucket of gulp alive minnows lol.
$20 is a pain in the pocketbook for soft plastics...
Thanks again for the great trip!

·
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(bassnbrian @ Jun 21 2009, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>stopped by gander afterwards got some things for the trailer...but just couldnt bring myself to buy another bucket of gulp alive minnows lol.
$20 is a pain in the pocketbook for soft plastics...
Thanks again for the great trip!

I went to Gander today and passed the Gulp Alive buckets and got a bag of 4in gulp minnows. I think they work just as well you don't get as many as in the bucket but it will do for now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.