2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met up with Zip at Crocker launch at 5:30am and fished until 2:30pm

water temp: 75 out to 14fow and 69 out past 15fow

Wind: calm during morning picking up to 5-8mph by afternoon

Fish flys: Pain in the butt until the wind picked up

Water clarity: stained to muddy from shore out to 12 fow clearing deeper

Area fished: mile roads

Fish caught: Sirfishalot, approximately 15-16 smallmouth, 1 sheephead, 1 rock bass, 1 pike. Zib, several bass, 1 walleye, rock bass (he will need to clarify the numbers he caught I don't keep track well)

Lures that produced: Sirfishalot, Berkely Gulp Minnow, 3/4oz Strikeking Redeye shad sexy shad color. Zib will have to tell what he used I know he was using a rattle trap and a crankbait but not sure what else.

Bass were scattered all over so we just hit the weedbeds I found with the depth finder any where from 10fow to 15fow. Had to work hard and move around a lot for any success. Was going to try some musky casting but the water was just to dirty in the areas I was hoping to fish.
Thank for hanging in there with me today Zib I enjoyed your company hopefully the next time we target musky the water conditions will be better. If there is any corrections that need to be made to this post Zib please do so.

Here is the pike I caught, finaly got to use my new musky net:
Water Sky Flash photography Sleeve Cloud

Attachments

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
You guys must have been north of us and came in around the time we got out.
Fished just north of 11 Mile, water was crystal clear in 12 FOW, and not too many fish flies, compared to the Nine Mile area.
Had to work for them too, they wanted action, no just dragging a tube today.
Tubes and Mepps worked for large and smallmouth.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Tim, you definitely need a better camera. That picture doesn't do that pike justice. That was by far the biggest & fattest pike I have ever seen on SC. I wish we would have measured her. She had to be at least 38". I should have used my camera.

My lipless crankbait used was an Xcalibur Foxy shad, also got them on an old school Poe's 300 or 400 series crankbait (crawdad). Got the walleye & a few others on a 4" grub.

Thanks for the invite Tim; I look forward to the next time.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 23 2009, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tim, you definitely need a better camera. That picture doesn't do that pike justice. That was by far the biggest & fattest pike I have ever seen on SC. I wish we would have measured her. She had to be at least 38". I should have used my camera.

My lipless crankbait used was an Xcalibur Foxy shad, also got them on an old school Poe's 300 or 400 series crankbait (crawdad). Got the walleye & a few others on a 4" grub.

Thanks for the invite Tim; I look forward to the next time.

Yeah I knew it was big having fished with the giant before. Sirfishalot that is lol

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I forgot to add that around 6:00 AM we assisted stranded boaters that were out there all night with a dead battery. It took away some of our fishing time but we were rewarded with a couple chicks in their panties & Tim's big pike.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 23 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It took away some of our fishing time but we were rewarded with a couple chicks in their panties & Tim's big pike.

Ahem....so we've seen pics of the pike......

·
Registered
731 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 23 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I forgot to add that around 6:00 AM we assisted stranded boaters that were out there all night with a dead battery. It took away some of our fishing time but we were rewarded with a couple chicks in their panties & Tim's big pike.

Good job! Do you have any pics of chicks in their panties? B)

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 23 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 23 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I forgot to add that around 6:00 AM we assisted stranded boaters that were out there all night with a dead battery. It took away some of our fishing time but we were rewarded with a couple chicks in their panties & Tim's big pike.

This is a "family" site & posting such pictures would violate the rules.

·
Registered
731 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 24 2009, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 23 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 23 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I forgot to add that around 6:00 AM we assisted stranded boaters that were out there all night with a dead battery. It took away some of our fishing time but we were rewarded with a couple chicks in their panties & Tim's big pike.

You can PM them to me!!!

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 24 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 24 2009, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Junkster @ Jun 23 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Jun 23 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I forgot to add that around 6:00 AM we assisted stranded boaters that were out there all night with a dead battery. It took away some of our fishing time but we were rewarded with a couple chicks in their panties & Tim's big pike.

You can PM them to me!!!

Me too! Unless they look like you or sir fish a lot.... If that's the case I hear Mini wanted to see em!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts