Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I sit in the jury waiting room with nothing to do but read LSCN on my phone. I looked out the window and see that I could have driven my boat right up to the public docks from markley this morning. man I wish I had known that this morning I could have been looking at my boat all morning.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
QUOTE(Sheamus @ Aug 19 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Here I sit in the jury waiting room with nothing to do but read LSCN on my phone. I looked out the window and see that I could have driven my boat right up to the public docks from markley this morning. man I wish I had known that this morning I could have been looking at my boat all morning.

Ha you are missing all the fun today too. Here is a tidbit for you. You might be working tonight.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
I actually found jury duty interesting. I got called for a trial day 1 and got into the jury. Heard all the testimony. But they pick 14 jurors and decide who are the "alternates" at random. I ended up an alternate and didn't get to deliberate.

Sitting in the jury room for the whole time would suck.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I don't know if i would want to be able to see my boat while waiting. I would see how lonely it would be and I would feel inclined to ditch jury duty and then I would end up in big trouble.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
QUOTE(Sheamus @ Aug 19 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Here I sit in the jury waiting room with nothing to do but read LSCN on my phone. I looked out the window and see that I could have driven my boat right up to the public docks from markley this morning. man I wish I had known that this morning I could have been looking at my boat all morning.
With the fly bridge on your boat you would have had to dock it on the boardwalk on the other side of the bridge getting to the public docks. Bridge is too low for a fly bridge to get under.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(ColPepper @ Aug 19 2009, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If your sitting in the jury waiting room in Mt Clemens my wife is sitting there also..

well look for me. I'm wearing black pants and blue shirt! we can talk boating while waiting lol!It was nice being able to visit my boat at lunch though.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was granted my freedom yesterday from Jury duty! Strange, the number on my paperwork and the number they told me I was were different. But I don't care, I'm free from having to come back for at least another year.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
I recall that I got a number when I got there that had nothing to do with the info on the summons.

Too bad you only got to do the boring part. Kudos for doing your civic duty.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Hey i was there!! Along with my buddies wife.

We each got pagers which allowed us to leave in the morning from 9:30-11:30, came back and left again @ noon for lunch.

I was selected in the afternoon to go into court, but never got picked to sit in the jury box.

All in all it was easy, boring and fun! lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.