·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Holy $#!t !! What about the boat?

Glad you are OK.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Glad your ok John. There is no question that if your tired behind the wheel pull over and grab a nap. One of my best friends lost his 18 year old brother to falling asleep behind the wheel less than 2 miles from his house. I'm just glad you walked away.......Next time I see you I'll buy you a Jack & coke.....wait I'm sure I would of bought you one anyway.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The boat suffered minor damage as it landed on the grass (nice and soft after the rain). The bow stand was ripped from the trailer and remained attached to the boat and the power lines ripped the trolling motor off (sheared the 1/4" bolts that held it in place)....

Mini

·
Registered
833 Posts
Been there, done that. It sucks! Somebody was looking over your shoulder that night for sure, John! Glad you're still above ground with us! Wish you a speedy comeback!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Oh my gawd

Sorry to hear this Mini, had to be a scary wake up call.
Mainly glad that you aren't injured. I'm sure that you feel sore though.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Mini! OMG! I am sooo glad you and your fishing buddy are okay! All I can say is your guardian angel was looking out for you.

A good friend of ours, son (18 yrs. old) passed away 2 weeks before X-Mas last year from falling asleep at the wheel (no alcohol). It was the saddest funeral I have ever been to in my life and the longest day I have ever experienced. His mother has handled his death very amazingly, but his father is not the same man he once was.

Goes to show, being tired and driving is far worse than 2 beers with that dinner!

Glad you are okay, Mini! Big hug to you the next time I see you.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Didn't see that this post was in this part of the board also. I'm so glad you're ok Mini!!! I was in a rollover when I was 17 and it was horrible. The driver had fallen asleep and there were 16 of us in the van.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Very glad to see that you and your friend were not hurt very bad. The Lord was watching over you guys that day for sure.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Wow, Mini. I am so glad you're still here with us. The truck can be replaced; you CAN'T. Thank God you're safe.

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Wow.....glad you're alright....I love you man!!!!

You have my permission to open that huuuuuge bottla of Jack of mine that's at your house and use it for medicinal purposes to ease the pain.

BTW, I heard that most accidents happen within 5 miles of home, so I think I'm gonna move!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts