Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, mom was set to have 'aorta femoral bypass' surgery (it deals with the circulation in her legs and her veins/heart). they had to cancel it because since she is a diabetic and has high blood pressure, she can't have any infection in her body before they cut her. well, she had an infection (decorum prevents me from going into detail) and the infection is not cleared up so no surgery cause she's such a high risk. they're rescheduling it for 3 weeks. man... that sucks. now she's going to be nervous as hell all over again.

some of you were asking to update ya, so there it is. i'm going to bed now.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Sorry to hear that they couldn`t get it done....But better safe than sorry I guess..

·
Registered
338 Posts
It's so much better to wait. The elderly are really vulnerable to surgery and the total procedure. She is in my prayers, CK. God bless your family.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks you guys... can't seem to get myself to bed...lol!

yeah, stacy... the anticipation is driving her crazy. i'd say my dad, too, but he's already there. lol! my mom and i are TOTAL opposites. she's stronger than she thinks she is.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Feb 25 2004, 11:12 AM)thanks you guys... can't seem to get myself to bed...lol!

yeah, stacy... the anticipation is driving her crazy. i'd say my dad, too, but he's already there. lol! my mom and i are TOTAL opposites. she's stronger than she thinks she is.
sorry to hear that CK... but tell her not to worry- my mom had the same type of surgery about 2 months before my wedding.. she did one leg at a time-she came out with flying colors (and she has lots of health problems too)- just make sure when she gets it and gets home.. FOLLOW the dr. instructions and DONT get up to walk around- my mom thought that would help her and it just hindered her for a few more weeks.
Prayers are going out to here though~

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Thanks for keeping us updated, i know a little bit about what you're going through and it's tough.
Love and prayer is coming your way. Of course, as with many here also, whatever you need i'm just a phone call or PM away.
Love ya girl

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
CK, sorry I musta missed your original post.... I haven't been on much. I'm sending thoughts and prayers your way.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Positive thoughts and prayers to you and your family from the Spur Camp

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
I'm sorry, Hang in there CK

1 - 17 of 17 Posts